My Beaded Flowers

Hibiscus

It takes me up to five hours to make one rose. They have over 4000 beads just for the petals and I prefer to use 2 cut and 3 cut 9/0 or 11/0 beads. I reached the limit of pictures but there were a couple more I wanted to share so I will post those in a reply or later in another thread. By the way, My avatar is a black and pink beaded rose that my daughter requested.

thanks for looking!:D

Beautiful! I just got a bead magazine that shows how to do the basic design for beaded flowers. I keep looking at it thinking, "Wow, Id love to be able to do that, but it looks so hard!"

When I first became interested there were two methods that I found. The first one where you use the post and wrap was the one that I stared at off and on for days and couldn't figure out wth they were talking about..lol..and so I figured I should try the other method which was easier and basically a loop and twist with no post. That's when the other method clicked and from that point I used the post and wrap for the roses and the loop and twist for smaller flowers..like forget me not's and lily of the valley. I laughed when I realized how easy it really was.

It does require a lot of patience and if you start with small flowers and work your way up to the larger ones it helps to get a feel for working with the wire.

Just by a few cheap beads and a spool of wire 26 guage is what I prefer, and practice while watching tv or whatever relaxes you. I put on my new age music and let my creative spirit fly!:D

Dang, those are gorgeous! Don't know where you find the time to make them along with everything else?

When I'm making flowers or jewelry I don't do anything but that. I haven't made any flowers in a while because I've been so busy with the other stuff. I miss it because it's actually very relaxing.

Thanks!

very nice I like them!! Do you sell them online? I would love to buy one for my mom for valentines day.

They will be on my website when my daughters done with it:embarasse

I will be selling them for Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day and Christmas.

Wow they are gorgeous, how long do they take to make them?

Sally.

About five hours for a floribunda type because They are life size and then there are the leaves. To make it easier I will take a day and do nothing but make leaves of various sizes so that I will have them on hand. I also have petal days because sometimes I need to stretch a project out for personal issues..:grin2: and when I'm ready I simply assemble it..of course tea roses and star daisies take less time. The waterlily is about the same as a rose maybe an hour or so less.

Thanks!

Hello. I just wanted to say your flowers are absolutely beautiful. I intended on makin all the beaded flower bouquets for my wedding. I already bought all the beads I should need. I haven't had the time to try to figure them out yet though. I wanted the bouquets and boutineers to be made of roses and calalillys. Do u recommend I buy books for instructions or do u think I should be able to find the info online? I have a book with a few flowers in it. Can't seem to find anything on calalilys though. I also make jewelry and purses and gift baskets as well as some other little things. Keep up the good work. Its beautiful!

Jamie

Wow that will be beautiful. My sis asked me to make her bouquet but she hasn't made it to the alter yet..lol..I found the instructions online and of course printed them. Calla lilies would be stunning and that is the one flower I haven't made a pattern for. I did see one online but I didn't like it and I haven't had time for my flowers lately but eventually things will settle down and I can work on calla lilies. I really want to make black ones. I've made lilies but not calla:cry2:

thanks