Funky Foam For lining Molds

I remember seeing a few posts about those who use funky foam sheets or spray?? to line their molds for Cp soap. If you have done this, please tell me more about it and where I can find the stuff. I see sheets on Ebay but not sure if that is what I am supposed to be looking for. Thanks in advance:wink2:

I use it in all of my molds....and buy it at Hobby Lobby. But there is a difference in thickness and the 2mm works the best. Any craft store should have it tho. The biggest sheets I have seen are 12x18. IT is awesome....and peels right off the soap when you unmold it. Also washes in the sink..easy cleanup!

I just recently started using this and I love it. You can buy the sheets of foam at the craft store. They are the same sheets used for making animal cut-outs. I bought some that are 12"x18". You just measure & cut 5 pieces to fit the dimensions of the insides of your mold, and voila! If you cut the pieces just right, they overlap slightly and fit snuggly against each other to prevent any leakage. When the soap is done, you just peel the sides right off and wash to use again. HTH!

MarieJeanette

What's a TOG mold?

You can get fun foam at Walmart too.

This is my TOG Duel Log/Slab Mold;

DSCF0361.jpg

DSCF0507.jpg

My reuseable material has always been the Darice Foamy Sheets. I buy mine at Wal-Mart. Sometimes I have to buy elsewhere, but Wal-Mart has the best price. I use my paper cutter to precisely cut these so they fit tightly in my TOG Mold. Just wash under warm water, dry, make more soap. My company color is the Neon Green.;)

Paul....;)

I tried making my own for a log mold. Let's just say by the time I finished trimming a little here and a little there to make it fit, well I ran out of funky foam....

Sounds familiar, I'm the same way, I can remember a few disasters when my kids were smaller and I attempted to just trim their bangs a little.......:embarasse

Thanks for posting the pics Paul! I own 2 of Paul's molds and that is how I figured out that he was using the Funky Foam (or something similar) and have now lined ALL my molds with it. Pauls molds are totally awesome! The double log mold is my favorite! Someday I am going to trade in my single log/slab mold for another double log/slab. Well......sell the one so I can buy another....LOL

Thanks for posting the pics Paul! I own 2 of Paul's molds and that is how I figured out that he was using the Funky Foam (or something similar) and have now lined ALL my molds with it. Pauls molds are totally awesome! The double log mold is my favorite! Someday I am going to trade in my single log/slab mold for another double log/slab. Well......sell the one so I can buy another....LOL

Mine is on it's way - the hinges call to me. I have spent 2 days trying to get a beautiful swirl log out of my kelsei log mold and I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!! Anyone want a kelsei log mold with chisel marks? They are only on the outside - along with big dent from when I slammed against my head in frustration (JK on the last part)!

Mine is on it's way - the hinges call to me. I have spent 2 days trying to get a beautiful swirl log out of my kelsei log mold and I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!! Anyone want a kelsei log mold with chisel marks? They are only on the outside - along with big dent from when I slammed against my head in frustration (JK on the last part)!

Your too funny CareBear! LOL:laugh2: :laugh2: I can 100% guarantee with my TOG Mold, the soap will be staring you in the face within 15 seconds of pulling the pins out, and letting the ends come off and the sides swing down!:D

That neon green liner material is close to being in your hands!!:highfive:

Paul....;)