Mailing Tube Experiment

Hibiscus

I've had these sample mailing tubes since before christmas and finally had a chance to test them. They work very nice with no leaking or explosions or anything. They come with two end caps and I used only one. I covered the top with press and seal and threw a towel over it. The soap pulled away from the container as it dried and all you have to do is remove the end cap and push the soap out. I know this soap looks quite nasty but it smells nice. I scented it with acqua di gio but of course I renamed it:D this canister/tube is 3 x18. As soon as I sort out my email I will find who sent these to me. But if I don't get back just google plastic mailing tubes and you will certainly find them I also have cardboard tubes that I haven't tried and they are 3 x 36 but I cut them in half. I'll probably have to line those in order to reuse them.

These are much easier than the plastic bottles.:D oh and I didn't coat it with anything.

Hope it helps anyone who loves round soap as much as I do!:yay:

www.visipak.com that's the name of the company where I got my samples.

Thanks and the best part was they were free samples! I can now place and order for them..lol I do beleive they come in smaller sizes as well as larger. I only ordered two samples and i'm not sure if you can order more than that.

Good job and thanks for sharing that with us. I did go here http://www.cleartecpackaging.com/mailing_tubes.asp and ordered a few samples . I hope to get them and hear from them soon!

Here is another http://www.visipak.com/clear_mailing_tubes.shtml

I'm gonna try to find a few places that give out "samples"

Christina

Thanks for the link to the other site. I did go there earlier and requested samples. I got what I think is a automated e-mail saying that they would be shipped. I do recall coming across a site that didn't sell in bulk but the shipping was too high. But with enough "samples" I might not need to purchase any!..lol and free is always verrrry nice indeed:grin2:

Good job and thanks for sharing that with us. I did go here http://www.cleartecpackaging.com/mailing_tubes.asp and ordered a few samples . I hope to get them and hear from them soon!

Here is another http://www.visipak.com/clear_mailing_tubes.shtml

I'm gonna try to find a few places that give out "samples"

Christina

i want to order some from the first link, but I am not sure what type of tube style and closure to choose. can some one help me out on the best one for CP.

edit* nevermind got it figured out. ;-)

Great idea! What size batch did you use for these?

It was a multi mold experiment. I didn't quite fill it all the way as you can see in the pic I will guess that it will hold about 1 1/2 possibly more. I used my 4lb batch divided amongs two plastic tray molds and that one 3 x 12 round. I made a mistake in that I previously posted it was a 3 x18 mold. Although they do have the molds in that size. I will be playing tomorrow night and will know for certain how much they hold.

HTH

The prices for the molds are pretty good, got a quote from them yesterday, and they are sending me samples. Maybe we can get a co op going one day for these:grin2:

Sounds good to me. I got another one from them yesterday it is 3 x 18 woohoooo gonna make lots of round soap.:D I misplaced my quote but it's in my e-mail i beleive...can't keep up with stuff sometimes:D