What would you do???

BizzyBs

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should have CT awards...come up with different categories...I know I would win the B!tch category...oh well. I don't have that tattoo on me for nothing...hahaha

Val, I would vote for you being funny and also lightening the mood.

Oh honey~ let me tell ya, that B!tch category would be a highly covented position here and there are sooooooo many of us on this board that would fit the criteria it would take years to make a selection.... LMAO!!! :P

Whats that song by Courtney Love... "I want to be the girl with the most cake" .... hehehe! Sometimes this board is better than an all girl sorority house party being crashed by a bunch of hot bikers.... :laugh2:

Been there, done that... burnt the pictures.

Oh honey~ let me tell ya, that B!tch category would be a highly covented position here and there are sooooooo many of us on this board that would fit the criteria it would take years to make a selection.... LMAO!!! :P

Whats that song by Courtney Love... "I want to be the girl with the most cake" .... hehehe! Sometimes this board is better than an all girl sorority house party being crashed by a bunch of hot bikers.... :laugh2:

Been there, done that... burnt the pictures.

ohhhh I have a biker joke lmao

what was written on the back of the biker's muscle shirt?

L@@K down

IF YOU CAN READ THIS THE BITCH FELL OFF :shocked2:

I thought this was done and BAM!...it's back with a vengence. Looks like most here still agree with me and to that I say thanks (mostly to Indescent, to whom I accredit my wonderful writing skills LOL). For those who want to make friends with this woman who is trying persuade us out of our top-notch products...go ahead and send your products to her. I did not ask for her to email me...SHE started this whole mess.

I sure wish this could have just ended days ago...and for that I am sorry.

But I don't think she just stumbled on CT. The internet is a vast place. I believe that someone emailed her directly and brought her attention to this forum. There is no way she would come here remotely if she was so busy editing her magazine.

No, there's no way that she just "stumbled" across it. I would say, in checking where the slew of people were coming to her site from, she found this address. See, when you run a site, it is possible to check where people are linking from. If anyone linked from one of her posts to this lady's site, then she could have seen where they were coming from. It's not hard, lots of people do it. I would say that's how she found it.

Cold, polite professionalism>any other form of response

Ladies, you are a reflection of your product. Whether you are online, at the grocery, or picking up Kleenex at 3:00 a.m., you are your company. Anything you say and/or do is a representation of it.

Take a moment and ask yourselves if this is the type of portrayal that you would like your customers to see. If not, let it go.

Ladies, you are a reflection of your product. (Guys too) Whether you are online, at the grocery, or picking up Kleenex at 3:00 a.m., you are your company. Anything you say and/or do is a representation of it.

Take a moment and ask yourselves if this is the type of portrayal that you would like your customers to see. If not, let it go.

100% true!

I think all of us have a few board members that we would not buy from just because of recent posts made on this board. Your company is you and you really have to watch how you present yourself to others. This whole post was based on an opinion that several people had that Cybele was a scamer. No one knows that for sure. Im sure we have all made mistakes in business and life you just have to live and learn. If someone sends in products to a company, it might be a scam, but if they send a reply about how much they liked the products (maybe just to get more) that could spur you on to make even better products or atleast boost your ego for a while.

It just seemed like you girls had way too much fun sending alll those pissy emails back and forth. That was too negative and a big turn off for me. I guess Im one of the few guys that dont care to watch a good cat fight. :P

Remember its JMO

Bruce

Ladies, you are a reflection of your product. Whether you are online, at the grocery, or picking up Kleenex at 3:00 a.m., you are your company. Anything you say and/or do is a representation of it.

I think most of us are just damn glad to have this place, where we can be ourselves once in awhile, without having to pretend that we like to swallow bullshit as it comes down the pipe. I believe most of us realize that we ARE our company, and we also (whether we have realized it until now or not) are willing to step up to the plate to protect our own kind in any kind of dangerous situation whether it be real or perceived. We ask for prayers here, we ask for advice here, we shed our burdons here, and we learn from each other here. We share our joys, our failures and our plain old ordinary days here. We had let it go..and someone came along and reeled it back in..is it so inhuman of us to react the way we did? I think not! I'd rather be perceived as genuine and real to my clients and friends any day rather than a cold, polite professional..but that's just me.

100% true!

I think all of us have a few board members that we would not buy from just because of recent posts made on this board. Your company is you and you really have to watch how you present yourself to others. This whole post was based on an opinion that several people had that Cybele was a scamer. No one knows that for sure. Im sure we have all made mistakes in business and life you just have to live and learn. If someone sends in products to a company, it might be a scam, but if they send a reply about how much they liked the products (maybe just to get more) that could spur you on to make even better products or atleast boost your ego for a while.

It just seemed like you girls had way too much fun sending alll those pissy emails back and forth. That was too negative and a big turn off for me. I guess Im one of the few guys that dont care to watch a good cat fight. :P

Remember its JMO

Bruce

yet you just kept coming back and reading didn't ya? Or let me guess...you just "heard" that they sent ALL those pissy emails back and forth! :P I know, I know, it was like a bad car wreck..you don't WANT to look, but you just can't help it right? ;)

We do have to watch how we present ourselves to others...I agree. However, I think many of us consider this our home away from home..where we can get down to the business of the business with our slippers and sweats on, and get as close to real with each other as is possible being connected by this keyboard and box sitting in front of us. I realize this is no excuse for ill behavior... but I guess I will never be a cool, polite professional type anymore than I would be a phony scam artist..it's just not me.

Oh Gawd, does the drama ever cease? I will admit I had a major part (LOL) in this; at first, my initial message was an answer to the question of what I would do. My subsequent releases were "templates" LOL. Everyone had their say, and that was it. Again, if anything it was a stress-reliever and a lot of comic relief. You don't like it move on. Its amazing how many people chose to read the multitude of pages in this thread, instead of moving on, as you want everyone else to do, you chose to reply.

I, for one, don't need anyone shaking their ominous finger in my face or sending me to time out or telling me to "mind my manners". A lot of people can say a lot of things about me-- but one thing they can't say is that I'm phony. I say what I have to say and if you don't like it, I wish you much success in therapy trying to get over that. If you don't buy from me because you don't like my attitude, my ego shant be bruised. A lot of people may not want to buy from me because my I'm black, my husband's white, my eyes are blue or I wear Pink Pout lipgloss. Not my problem. Because there are always more that will. There are no disclaimers or warnings with me-- you like it or you don't.

Cybele came here to explain her side of the story and she also personally contacted me. Her part has been said and so has mine.

This is probably pointed at me. None of my customers are on this site. This is like Sharon said, home away from home. For that matter, the core of my current customers know how I am. Straightforward and don't beat around the bush. Now, if my candle business doesn't take off because I jumped her arse on a cyber message board, oh well....my bills are still paid and my life continues. CandleTech is not going to determine my customer base. Now if you personally and others want to go around bath mouthing my company because of my posts here, so be it. It would flatter me to have someone take their energy and use it against me.

I've simply offered a friendly reminder--you can choose to accept it as that or not. While this may be a place that we come to unwind and relax, it is still a forum that is available for the general public to view.

Today it was Cybele. Tomorrow it could be Vanity Fair or Vogue whose writer searched by your candle brand and found the site. It's probable that if you've linked a picture from your site (or to your site itself) that candletech will be found when your company/name is searched. If you question that, search for Waters Gulch (that was the first site that came to mind).

Quite frankly, reading the drama-filled threads was a great way to help pass the workday. I'm simply glad to not be a part of it for the reasons mentioned above.

LOL Kris, I hate to break it to ya..you ARE a part of it. To not be, you would have been required to "move along" which you chose not to do..or at the very least, to "keep your opinions to yourself" which you also chose not to do. Thanks for the reminders though, and I'm really not a bad person, I just play one sometimes when I get riled up~ Please don't take this for anything more than it is...a simple reminder that by posting here in this thread, you are playing the game right along with the rest..for different reasons perhaps, but playing nonetheless! :) BTW, welcome to CT, looks like you're new around here?! :wave:

LOL Kris, I hate to break it to ya..you ARE a part of it. To not be, you would have been required to "move along" which you chose not to do..or at the very least, to "keep your opinions to yourself" which you also chose not to do. Thanks for the reminders though, and I'm really not a bad person, I just play one sometimes when I get riled up~ Please don't take this for anything more than it is...a simple reminder that by posting here in this thread, you are playing the game right along with the rest..for different reasons perhaps, but playing nonetheless! :) BTW, welcome to CT, looks like you're new around here?! :wave:

razz.gif Thanks for the welcome, but not new at all. I've been around for several years...and finally got around to reregistering.

:P

LOL Kris, I hate to break it to ya..you ARE a part of it. To not be, you would have been required to "move along" which you chose not to do..or at the very least, to "keep your opinions to yourself" which you also chose not to do. Thanks for the reminders though, and I'm really not a bad person, I just play one sometimes when I get riled up~ Please don't take this for anything more than it is...a simple reminder that by posting here in this thread, you are playing the game right along with the rest..for different reasons perhaps, but playing nonetheless! :) BTW, welcome to CT, looks like you're new around here?!

I like that sista you rock lol I think all us play the bad one and so what. Got something to say, spit it out. I 'd buy from you :wave: