getting smoke stench out of house

Hi, everyone! I have been quit smoking for one month now, but the smoke smell is still in my house. I made a candle with BCN's smoke and odor eliminator, but the odors are still there. I need suggesstions for another product to make with my FO's to help with the smell.

I burned the canle over 20 hours with the smoke away FO.

Thanks!

Sorry, I have to gl to class now (I ama college student, so I will check back later)

If you smoked in the house then it is on your walls, carpet, furniture, curtains, bedding, etc, etc. Burning something to clean the air probably will have limited effect even if it is an excellent candle.

Your best bet is to wash/clean everything in your house, including the walls and air ducts.

If you smoked in the house then it is on your walls, carpet, furniture, curtains, bedding, etc, etc. Burning something to clean the air probably will have limited effect even if it is an excellent candle.

Your best bet is to wash/clean everything in your house, including the walls and air ducts.

Yes, CH is right. I moved into a home that the previous owner smoked. We cleaned carpets, walls and air ducts. The smell is gone!

Well duh me, didn't even think of that.. Only thought of the FO.. LOL Brain fart.. Yes, CH is correct

My son stayed with us for six months and after he left his room stunk to high heaven of smoke. I had to use lemongrass essential oil mixed with baking soda on the carpet several times (then vacuum it) , washed down the woodwork with bleach water and spray Febreeze once a day for a couple weeks. Smells fine now ;)

I agree w/ everyone else - you will need to clean walls, carpet, bedding ... anything that can be cleaned. But, here's a tip from car dealers that might help - when they resell used cars & need to get out the smoke they put a bowl of coffee grounds w/ a sliced apple to pull the smoke out. Not sure why it works, but I've tried it & the car smells like new. Maybe you could do that throughout the house & it will help while you're scrubbing!!

Good luck - Susan.

I agree w/ everyone else - you will need to clean walls, carpet, bedding ... anything that can be cleaned. But, here's a tip from car dealers that might help - when they resell used cars & need to get out the smoke they put a bowl of coffee grounds w/ a sliced apple to pull the smoke out. Not sure why it works, but I've tried it & the car smells like new. Maybe you could do that throughout the house & it will help while you're scrubbing!!

Good luck - Susan.

Does this work with any odors? Does it matter what kind of apple? We transport our boxer and lab in my suburban and with the kids eating fast food and leaving half eaten burgers hidden, the truck sometimes has smells I cannot explain.....

I would guess the mixture would work on most every odor. Every time I've done it the car just smells fresh & clean -- we also have dogs that go for rides & my husband is a sloppy eater, so it should work for everything. Never had anyone tell me to use a certain kind of apple - just get as many slices as you can, stick the slices in the coffee & leave it in the car as long as possible.

Susan.

Just wanted to say congrats, and agree with the rest scrub your house from top to bottom to get the scent out.

When we had to sell my dads house, we had to scrub the carpets, scrub the walls, curtains, everything and then lit a few candles to get the smell out of the house.

You'll be shocked when you scrub your walls, your rag will be yucky yellow.

Mindy

First of all, congrats for quitting. It is not easy at all. I agree that you will have to clean carpets, drapes, towels, walls, etc., etc. And then, the way I found to really get the smell out is to put vinegar and water in the microwave and cook it a couple of times a day and then open the door, cook some vinegar and water on the stove, and then cook some cinnimon and alspice with water. Put some vinegar and baking soda in a spray bottle and use it for everything for a couple of weeks. Cleaning the counters, the sink, in the wash, the bathrooms...just clean everything that can be cleaned or dusted with water with that mixture for a while. Then have a spray bottle with just vinegar and water to use as air freshener for a while. Sit a pot of vinegar and water in the closet for a while where you keep your clothes. And yes, BURN LOTS OF CANDLES. I know what I am talking about. It will take a while, but you will soon get rid of the smell......and have a very clean house! :D

Good luck to you. Tell everybody you know that you have quit so you will feel guilty having to tell those people that (if you ever smoke again) you were too weak to make it stick! :embarasse I am rooting for you! Way to go.