Direct from the National Candle Association

Bill

Ok, after 205 posts I have to start a new thread. Hopefully this will put some of the debate to rest. This is information I copied directly from the National Candle Association website. This information can be found under candle wax FACTS, did you read that, F A C T S. This is what I will be using to determine what claims I can or can not make about my candles.

Paraffin is the most commonly used candle wax today. Beeswax, soy wax, palm wax, gels, and synthesized waxes are also used in candle-making for the U.S. market, as are blends of waxes.

Waxes burn with a yellow flame due to the presence of carbon.

No specific type of wax or wax blend is considered "best" for candlemaking. All candle waxes - when provided in high-quality format - have been shown to burn cleanly and safely.

No candle wax has ever been shown to be toxic or harmful to human health.

There is no such thing as a soot-free wax. All organic compounds when burned will emit some carbon (soot) due to incomplete combustion. Sooting is primarily a factor of wick length and disturbance of the flame's steady teardrop shape.

Reputable candle manufacturers use only high-quality waxes in their formulations.

Now, can we all just get along, lol. I still need to figure out what type of wick to use in my soy wax, so far no luck!!:cry2:

Nope it will not end the debate, everyone will be partial to their own wax of course. But hopefully it will help quench those honest sellers who were taught otherwise, to just promote the honest qualities of their creation. Ex. Smells great, burns great, hand-poured, low soot (if applies). That is how I sell. Even when I do sell Soy (and I plan to), I am going to use the same technique.

Nope it will not end the debate, everyone will be partial to their own wax of course. But hopefully it will help quench those honest sellers who were taught otherwise, to just promote the honest qualities of their creation. Ex. Smells great, burns great, hand-poured, low soot (if applies). That is how I sell. Even when I do sell Soy (and I plan to), I am going to use the same technique.

I agree, I like to say things like:

Highly scented, properly wicked, even burning, vibrantly colored handcrafted candles. :D

major selling point should be on the craftsmanship of your candle.

The debate will never end as people will always have an opinion and be strong in their convictions. The problem as I see it is people making false claims about their products or only pointing out the negatives about the other type of candles. You know kinda like politicians.

YAY!! Someone else gets it!!! :highfive:

Guest simplyput

Hmmm, now why would they not have "technical papers" available? It does make you wonder.

This is what it said under "Publications & Links":

Technical Papers

We are in the process of updating our inventory of publications. A completely revised list of publications will soon be available.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Guest simplyput

The National Candle Association is just an association full of manufacturers and the suppliers. How would this end the debate? I don't see any statistics or any reputable reports to analyze.

Guess I won't be giving soy milk to my hubby anytime soon. lmao

omfg too funny. I should put that on my website. " Soy makes you gay" lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Omg. Ya know, I never used soy nor do I want to. I have bought soy candles in the past and not impressed. I am paraffin all the way and proud of it!

If people want to truly believe that paraffin is what caused their gas log fireplaces to get clogged then so be it. More power to them. I personally wont touch soy with a 10 foot poll. I have to give PROPS to those who have mastered the soy wax because I have heard it's a P.I.T.A.. :D :D

Soy makes you gay!

World Nut Daily strikes on the side of paraffin with this startling discovery.

Man, oh, man. Who knew? Dunno2.gif:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Heres a quote from that site:

"Soy is feminizing, and commonly leads to a decrease in the size of the penis, sexual confusion and homosexuality."

If you put this information out there you wont have to worry about guys even touching soy for any reason! No soy in massage formulas, candles, food, soy lotion candles, lip balm......... you name it. Well it may be too late for some of the guys, but I have been spared so far. :D

Bruce

"Soy is feminizing, and commonly leads to a decrease in the size of the penis, sexual confusion and homosexuality."

If you put this information out there you wont have to worry about guys even touching soy for any reason! No soy in massage formulas, candles, food, soy lotion candles, lip balm......... you name it. Well it may be too late for some of the guys, but I have been spared so far. :D

Bruce

*Sneaks up on Bruce with soy milk*:tiptoe:

Bruce

LMFAOOOOOOO Glad you were spared Bruce. hehehehee

Ok, I see how the NCA page was a bit biased, my fault!

But for some reason I keep crying everytime a Hallmark ad comes on tv, and now I just want to cuddle with someone! Damn this soy, I knew it had side effects!!!:confused:

But for some reason I keep crying everytime a Hallmark ad comes on tv, and now I just want to cuddle with someone! Damn this soy, I knew it had side effects!!!:confused:

HA HA HA!!!! I think I just woke my husband up I was laughing so hard. Thanks for the a laugh!!!:yes:

Oh Lord, lol Bill is gonna be a bit of fresh air to this board. Thanks for making me laugh. lmfao