Basket Hunt

Yikes!

Anyone been out and about this season looking for baskets?

I Need a couple of Large, cool baskets FAST! No time for Internet and shipping.

Where is the best place to find GOOD, interesting, LARGE baskets?

Someone had luck at Big Lots?

I think we have most every store here but would love to shave off some time if someone knows exactly who is carrying them.

TIA

I hear ya Michael, I've been looking around for "different" types of baskets and such.

I don't have either of those nearby me (World's Market, Pier One) but I LOVE TJMaxx, and found the nicest shiny chrome "baskets" yesterday, which I immediately thought "kitchen items/products" and fruit, and then I started thinking they'd be nice with bathroom handtowels and washcloths rolled up (I always try to think of how one might use the "basket" after they remove the products ;) ).

I wish I would have bought all they had (about 8 of them in different shapes) but they were a bit pricey at that amount, at least for me at this time of year.

Try thinking out of the "basket" for what can be used as a "basket". Makeup bags, decorated boxes, tins, purses, collanders, etc. etc. etc. :)

I got some beautiful baskets at family dollar store , $5 each, they have red or green liners that can be taken out , after the holiday. i also got some at walmart , in green or red colors for the holidays. little wicker baskets. got this for a lady that wanted a basket of tarts only, this way she can take the tarts out and put cards , pine cones , christmas balls & ETC.. in it. i always try to do baskets that can be used for something.

I tend to prefer a more upscale look than something I could get at say a dollar store or some of the craft places. TJ MAXX generally has great looking baskets as does Pier 1, Bed Bath and Beyond and of all places, Target! Last year I got three beautiful wicker lined baskets at Target for the bedrooms to hold odds n' ends for about $15 each, they have held up wonderfully too.

If you have a Ross Dress for Less in your area they have the best and most inexpensive baskets with a good selection. I get most of my baskets at Ross and they have a good selection of Christmas baskets right now. Last time of was there they had just put out some very nice red, green, and gold painted basket both round and square from small to very large in size. The good thing about Ross is that whatever style of basket they carry they usually have it in a variety of sizes. Oh and the prices start at 1.99 and go up to about 4-5.99 for the large ones.

Thanks everyone for the info. We have all of the locations mentioned here in the Dallas area so I should be able to find something large enough and something that is well made so I can be proud of the finished product. Needing something large is the challenge...and strong enough to hold up to the weight of several container candles.

Thanks again! You are wonderful!

:whoohoo: Glad you found what will work for you (and then some ;) ).

I found some really cute round boxes with lids at believe it or not the Dollar Store, and they are really sturdy, although on the smallish side.

Also found some wire baskets there, the ones that are coated in plastic, and they are really sturdy.

I also found some really cute boxes that look like a small suitcase, complete with handle and brass clasp at TJMaxx.

It was really fun looking once I started looking "outside the box" :D

Dollar Tree had a few nice ones left. I just grabbed some today as a matter of fact! They also had some nice shred and wire ribbon that coordinated well with the baskets....check them out if you have one nearby! :D

ps. also wanted to add that they had the cutest frosted containers....they look like chinese take out containers but are decorated. VERY cute! They would be great for packaging smaller things in. I was thinking a few bath bombs and a small lotion and spray!