Cellini red

Scented

Do you see red? LMAO!! NO! It turns orange and I so want this to cure well because they are so funky swirly that I wanna keep 'em lol!

Scented Be Delicious (of the Solas variety)

It went from making me think there was red in there:

[ATTACH]9389[/ATTACH]

to

[ATTACH]9388[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458414699_thumb.jpg

post-23-1394584147_thumb.jpg

Mine turned orange too..so now I have orange peppermint. :cry2: So, I'm going to have to come up with a new name besides peppermint.

Terri when you come up with that name, please share. I could also use one for my orange peppermint soap. LOL

Scented, Your swirlies are gorgeous. I wouldn't care what color they are.

The only red that I have found that stays red in CP and does not turn orange is Brick Red Oxide at Brambleberry.

I made a candy cane soap swirled with red and white and it did not discolor at all. The only catch to it is making sure that you use enough red so it is not pink, but there wasn't any orange at all in it.

HTH.

Jennifer

I think it still looks nice. :wink2:

I can soooo relate to the RED issues! Made my 1st batch of Red Currant and it turned peach! So, the 2nd time around I tried using my Red Iron Oxide. It's more dark mauve than anything! :( Oh well .... back to the drawing board!

oops... sorry for hijacking! :tongue2:

The only catch to it is making sure that you use enough red so it is not pink, but there wasn't any orange at all in it.

And, not TOO much that it looks like an Acme Brick color, I might add. I've got Brick Red also. If you use too much, you end up with a reddish mud color. When it's dried, it looks like a dark Acme brick color. :tongue2:

If it makes you feel any better, it turned orange on me too- and I only make Melt and Pour soap, lol. I thought I just added too much because to my knowledge(limited as it is) I didn't think mp morphed things the way CP can. Go figure.

I do see the red in the swirls... and the body of the soap does look orange.

You can call it Tigermint, lol.........I would. :D