Easy wax melting pot

Many peep on this board have converted their prestos and love them. You can also buy one on Ebay, already converted, fyi. I think it runs around $40.00 there. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Oh, and edited to say that you can use the presto just the way it comes from the store - that's also what many of us do. I have three! I use small ladles to transfer the wax from the presto to my molds - others use pyrex measuring cups to transfer the wax into pour pots......just need to find what method you like! :)

After doing the modifications to add the spigots to my 4 Presto pots, I find I don't ever use the spigots. Takes too long and they get jammed up with wax and I had occasionally wax drips on the floor from the spigots. Now I just dump the wax directly from my presto into my pouring pots. I like how the electrical cord just gently separates from the pot when you lift it up to pour.

After doing the modifications to add the spigots to my 4 Presto pots, I find I don't ever use the spigots. Takes too long and they get jammed up with wax and I had occasionally wax drips on the floor from the spigots. Now I just dump the wax directly from my presto into my pouring pots. I like how the electrical cord just gently separates from the pot when you lift it up to pour.

I did the same thing. Just easier to pour it directly into the pour pot, no more worrying about the spigot getting clogged or being left open!

I bought 2 presto pot off ebay already with spigot. I got the first one, used it a week, turned around and got another one for melting Gel. I have never had any problems with the wax clogging up the spigot and I have used my presto pots 2 years now, no problems of any kind:cheesy2:

Just lurking as I hope to be needing a bigger melting pot as my demand increases. Do any of you work with soy wax? Would the wax get stuck in the spigot as much? Also, how do you pour from the presto pot to the pouring pots without getting the wax all over the floor? Just wondering... I'm getting a little tired from all the melting from the double boilers...

tia..

It's odd how many opinions there are about the Presto pot. I started with a Daisey first, because we had one, and put the spigot in. Then i bought a couple Prestos. Don't like them. The Daisey is better-it's larger by a couple quarts, and I detest the way the Presto cord comes detached. It's held on by magnets, and if I sneeze, it comes loose.

Anyway, I now use a Turk & Surf turkey fryer, and believe that's the only way to fly.

I occasionally use the Daisey for small, one of a kind orders, or for testing, but have banished the Presto's.

Fredron

I use the spigot in my Prestos and can't imagine having to ladle the wax or picking up the presto pot and pouring out of it.

Yes, the spigots will drip - especially once they heat up and any trace wax in the spigot from the last use will melt. I put a widemouth glass container on the floor to catch the drips. When I'm done working, I melt the drips back into the presto.

I want a T&S but the element exposed to the wax makes me nervous.