Rant About Candles & Supplies

While I know some people have complained about customer service with Candles & Supplies in the past, I had not had a bad experience, until today, and I vow NEVER to use them again!

This fall I had gotten a bad batch of the 1275, I was given a replacement case. (No compensation for the jars, fos, etc. that were wasted). Everything was fine with the new batch. I go back today to get just a 10 lb. slab to finish off the last of my candles, and I get my slab & it's hard...very hard. I mention to the stock person (female) that it seems hard, and she touches it and agrees. She asks one of the stock boys to get another 10 lb slab. It's hard also. (I learned that the correct formula for 1275 is soft to the touch). The stock boy looks and me and refuses to get me another slab. He would not go open another case of wax, "just for a 10 lb. slab." I go back into the storefront, talk to the owner, and she says, "I will talk to him." Ok, the point being, you still have crappy wax that you are trying to sell. What is so hard about this concept. And secondly, your stock people won't fill an order because he doesn't want to??? I did notice in her store in a container there is "Production One Pour Wax -- Grade 2" for sale for $9.99 per 10 lbs." (The bad batches of 1275).

I told the owner, that I won't be back ever again. She didn't ask how to remedy the situation or how could she fix this, etc. I have been a loyal customer for over 3 years. NEVER AGAIN! Off to Farmhouse for my supplies.

Wow, that sucks. Not good customer service at all. Did you get your money back for that one?

Yes, I did, but I really needed that additional 10 lbs of wax to finish off some stuff. I'm checking into FarmHouse, they are close and their wax is less expensive...ugh!

That is completely unacceptable behavior, period.

Sorry this happened to you.

I can honestly say, and I would shout it from the rooftops. :cool2:

I will NEVER, ever deal with these nitwits again. Even if every single thing was free, forever, including shipping. They are a nightmare.

Too many exceptional suppliers out there to deal with this one.

I'd rather be thrown into a pit of snakes, smeared in rat blood. UGH!!

WOW, WOW, that's all I can say...I am in disbelief...I cannot believe this happened and that she didn't do ANYTHING to try and persuade you to give them another chance... AND I can't believe she is actually SELLING that bad wax!!! And not for cheap either!!!!! (Not the point, it's crap wax, no matter what the price!)

I thought I understood that Sherri told a CTer that HER 1275 ISN'T from CJ Robinson, am I wrong? AND she had at least 1 case that she sold of the bad batch, or A bad batch also...I am so confused...darn it, I LOVE this wax!!!!!!:mad:

Deb, please let me know what happens...:undecided

Like MA, I feel strongly enough to take my obligatory swipe when it comes up. C&S is the worst of the high profile suppliers. They're one of the closest to me and I'd have to be desperate to give them any business. What we have here is a lack of proper management, starting at the top. Cindy is always "having a talk" with her staff. I don't know what she's telling them. Either set the right values, or get things organized, or get rid of incompetence, or all of the above. Better yet, sell out to Doneen and let's have a Bitter Creek East. ;)

I thought I understood that Sherri told a CTer that HER 1275 ISN'T from CJ Robinson, am I wrong? AND she had at least 1 case that she sold of the bad batch, or A bad batch also...I am so confused...darn it, I LOVE this wax!!!!!!:mad:

Speaking of which, CJ Robinson is a den of buffoons too. My one experience with them was so bad I'd never deal with them again. As for their preblended container wax, a friend of mine who does rather high volume production abandoned it after it changed.

I have no choice but to "scream it from the roof tops," I am so upset by the lack of service I received. While waiting in line to try to rectify this problem, two other customers had come in because they were overcharged and given the wrong items. Today was it for me. I vow never to give them any of my money ever again! I also realized today that when she credited the amount back to my card, it was not the same credit card...ugh! Incompetence at its best today folks. Thank you for allowing me to get this off my chest (my family is sick of hearing me discuss it). LOL!And Sharon--girl, I thought of you when all of this happened. I'd be wary...that's for sure.

DITTO DEBSCENT!!!! I cannot believe that they did that to you! What a bunch of BS!! Ya know I am really glad that I ordered my last batch from Farmhouse. I almost was tempted to take a chance with the 1275 and I am soooo glad that I did not.

I did however order some baked apple pie from the them last week and it did not seem as strong as what I am used to getting from them.

I really need to find another hot apple pie so if anyone has any suggestions as to who has a REALLY STRONG one, please share.

As for Sharon in PA.......

Sherrie said that she does NOT get her 50/50 from CJ Robinson and I believe it was clean glow that had the bad batch of 50/50 from FH but Sherrie said that she and others have used wax from that lot number and no one else has complained. I ordered some too and it will be from the same batch so I will keep you posted.

As for apple pie, I love Peaks. It throws great in my 1275 (when it's good wax). I really like it. I have found C&S's oils alot weaker lately, not that they were super strong, but the few I liked...not so much anymore. I loved their apple, it was so nice and crisp, and pumpkin pie was a favorite. So, I can find them from another supplier anyway!

Speaking of which, CJ Robinson is a den of buffoons too. My one experience with them was so bad I'd never deal with them again. As for their preblended container wax, a friend of mine who does rather high volume production abandoned it after it changed.

Oh, Man, Top, you're kidding me...I DID put a call into them after the Sept. fiasco; not returned...I just hope I have enough of what's left of the "good" 1275 to finish up for Christmas, then I guess it's a wax-testin' I go! :tongue2:

Deb, you let me know how things work out w/ Sherri, I am so leary of that wax too, unfortunatly, Cleanglo's problem w/ it sounded SO familiar to what we went thru w/ OUR bad wax...keeping fingers crossed for ya, girlie...

Country~ thanks for the info on her wax, it's so weird that it's a 50/50 that has the same name as C&S version, though:undecided (BTW, love your avitar!)

Oh, Man, Top, you're kidding me...I DID put a call into them after the Sept. fiasco; not returned...I just hope I have enough of what's left of the "good" 1275 to finish up for Christmas, then I guess it's a wax-testin' I go! :tongue2:

That's the way it started for me with CJR. I called and told them I wanted to place an order. It took two more calls and two weeks for someone who could accept an order to call me back.

They said it would ship in a week. It took 6 weeks to go out. Half the shipment was destroyed en route and not delivered by UPS. Half of what arrived was substandard material. Luckily they lost the credit card information I gave them in the first place. So that's when the collection calls began -- for the full amount of the shipment.

What I got from dealing with CJ Robinson wasn't even worth the time I spent getting someone on on the phone. Their business operations are in the stone age and they have production problems.

there is only one thing i can say about c&s (they suck). ive been there before and there show room is horrible and so is everybody that works in that place. and the quality of there stuff is really bad. i rather pay shipping then waste a hour of my time to go up there.

Can't say i'm surprised....I was using them as my wax supplier about a year ago because they are the closest to me and the shipping is the cheapest. I think I had three to four cases of wax that I had to return in a three month period...they sent me the wrong stuff. It even said the wrong wax number on the outside of the box so it was just a case of someone not sending out the right item. Although they did replace it I switched suppliers because I don't have time to wait on a poor supplier. I hate to have to pay more in shipping but in this case it was worth it. The last box of Votive wax I got had the right number on the outside but I swear it was the wrong wax because it was way too hard and did not melt fully in my tart warmer....

I have never used this supplier and doesn't look I will. I have only 1 question---WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE? Not just with these suppliers, but anywhere. I managed a convenience store for years and lack of cs out there now just drives me nuts!!

Ok, I will give u yet another C&S moment~ I was going thru my past online orders and I discovered that on two separate occasions back to back I ordered their new Pumpkin Vanilla fo. Well I started going thru my candles and then my fo's and discovered that I did not have any Pumpkin Vanilla Candles or Fo nor did I ever recall receiving it.

I sent them an email about two weeks ago telling them I did not receive the (2) 8 oz bottles of PV that I paid for and could they please send them out.

I received one email stating that they were out around the time I placed my order and maybe that was why I never got it. There was no inclination of what they were going to do to rectify the situation though and I have not heard from them since!!!

Please explain how you manage to keep your business afloat if you cannot manage to satisfy the few customers you have left?

I sent them an email about two weeks ago telling them I did not receive the (2) 8 oz bottles of PV that I paid for and could they please send them out.

and I have not heard from them since!!!

Please explain how you manage to keep your business afloat if you cannot manage to satisfy the few customers you have left?

Did they refund your money??? Make sure they refund your credit card that you purchased your order with..

They will try to credit your account with them and then accidently forget to credit your next order!!!

This happened to me several times.. Finally I told them to put the credit on my CC and not their account!!!!!

No they did not credit my CC or even offer me a credit of any kind.

I just sent them an email telling them that I want the credit on my CC and to nevermind the fo's. When I called the other day to ask them about a separate order they could not find it. I do not understand why they have order numbers if they do not utilize them. As soon as I receive the last item I ordered from them, I will never use them again!!!!:angry2:

CC~ I would recommend calling and asking for Lena.

Tell her you are going to do a chargeback PRONTO if you do not get this resolved !!ASAP!! -- meaning yesterday.

This is what I think. *faint*

Beat me, whip me, make me feel cheap, but don't ever make me deal with this bunch of idiots ever again. This supplier has really gone down the drain.