There's got to be an easier way! Pulling out wick

cwuer

Can someone share with me how you go about pulling out wicks that are not right and rewicking in your test jars? I hot glue my wicks in, so if it is not right I am stuck (no pun intended!) There has got to be an easier way to test wicks and pull out the ones that are not wicked right and stick in something else to try. :confused:

Thanks for your help!

Try pouring your testers withOUT wicks, then use a skewer to make a hole for your wick, insert and test. If it doesn't work, it's easy to remove with needle nose pliers to put a new one in.

If you think you've found the right one, then repour your tester with the wick secured.

Try pouring your testers withOUT wicks, then use a skewer to make a hole for your wick, insert and test. If it doesn't work, it's easy to remove with needle nose pliers to put a new one in.

If you think you've found the right one, then repour your tester with the wick secured.

This is exactly what I do. Works great. :smiley2:

I test all the way till they burn out from lack of wax.. so poking a wick in a hole is not an option. I use a stickum and burn like my customers will.. to the end. When the wick is not right I take another jar, another wick and melt the origional in the oven on warm and pour over the new wick. It gets to setup a while then burned.

I used to repour every tester and then I learned, from you great ppl, to pour wickess. Testing is a tiny bit less of a nightmare this way!!!

I test all the way till they burn out from lack of wax.. so poking a wick in a hole is not an option. I use a stickum and burn like my customers will.. to the end. When the wick is not right I take another jar, another wick and melt the origional in the oven on warm and pour over the new wick. It gets to setup a while then burned.

I'm sure chandlers on here make another tester with a secure wick and burn to the bottom too. General idea is to be able to interchange wicks till a suitable option is found, then do a real test. Doing it this way makes it easier instead of having to remelt and repour if you can see right away that you need to wick way up or down. ;)