BCN shipping ??

Luci

What is the turnaround time for BCN? I placed an online order at noon on Friday 11/17. After a few minutes, I received an email listing of my order for me to double check. It also said that the shipping was an estimate, etc.

I replied asking if I would receive an invoice from Paypal. After about 45 minutes, I received a reply that if I hadn't already received an invoice for payment, I would whenever my order is packed. I have heard nothing since that time.

This is my first order with BCN and would like to know what to expect as far as time with them. I had a shipping problem with BCS a while back. They never invoiced me. When I waited for a week or so to contact them AGAIN, I was told that I had a pay a repacking fee in order for them to process my order even though it was THEIR mistake. I would like to avoid this happening again, besides needing my order.

I did read their policy and realize the order was placed on a Friday. I guess I have gotten spoiled with Aroma Haven and Bayousome, etc. that ship really fast.

My main concern is having the same problem with them that I had with BCS. I've always paid right away with other suppliers.

I just took a ride out to BCN on Friday afternoon! (its about a 3 hr drive). I didnt buy much, but really needed the stuff fast and they said they would be an extra 2 day delay on shipments right now because they are swamped with orders (busy season for us candle and soap makers). I couldnt wait for the order to ship on Monday and not get it until Tuesday so I went and got it. Just so you know, they are really fast on shipping, but about 2 day in house for packing.

HTH ~ Pam

I just got an email from them stating that they would send an invoice when they have packed the order and are running 2 to 3 days on getting orders processed.

As I said previously, I was concerned that it would be a repeat of what happened with BCS and the repacking fee. I would have canceled that order then, but they were the only supplier with what I needed at that time so I paid the fee even though it was their mistake.

I placed an order w/ them on Thurs, the 16th, got my shipping details on Friday, the 17th and it is expected at my door on Wednesday, the 22nd according to UPS website.

Just want to make sure I am understanding your situation. Are you placing your order online, then selecting paypal (or something else) as a form of payment, then they invoice you once everything is packaged and ready to ship?

Yes, I did that, Crafty1. I'm just paranoid about not hearing from them and because of my experience with BCS. I know they are 2 different companies, but those are the only 2 that I have dealt with that have that method. Also, as I mentioned, I am spoiled with some of the other suppliers that take care of orders lightening fast.

I hope to receive an invoice today. I sure need those wicks!

I usually get my order in a couple days from BCN but I live in Wisconsin. I don't know if I ever get an invoice except for the one that comes with the shipment.

I need to place an order today though, with the hopes of receving it on Friday. But the holiday will probably screw that up.

kelly

Have you tried BCN's on-line chat? I've used that feature before when I had questions and they are always so helpful. (I love that feature - it is great for product questions/troubleshooting as well). Also, for what it is worth I have ordered from them three times in the past month and their delivery date was on target every time.

I just got invoiced and sent payment. As I said, I wasn't in a panic, just curious about their policies as this is my first order. I've only heard compliments here about them so thought I would ask.

Thanks, everyone, for your reassurance. I've paid, so I'll chill now.

Yes, I did that, Crafty1. I'm just paranoid about not hearing from them and because of my experience with BCS. I know they are 2 different companies, but those are the only 2 that I have dealt with that have that method. Also, as I mentioned, I am spoiled with some of the other suppliers that take care of orders lightening fast.

I hope to receive an invoice today. I sure need those wicks!

Okay, I understand your concern now. I did that once with a check payment with BCN. I had to fax a copy of my check, what for clearance, etc. It took a couple days longer than the usual turn around time. I now only pay with credit card or paypal. For me, it seems that my order gets processed a lot sooner this way with BCN. I have never had a problem with a ridiculously slow order from them. they have always been delivered in a reasonable amount of time.

I too am like you, once I get spoiled with quick delivery I tend to expect the same from everyone else...lol

I order a LOT from BCN and they are very fast at shipping. I know this time of year the processing is 1-3 days and once it is shipped I have it in 2 days and I live in SD. I paid by paypal once and it slowed the processing down a couple extra days so now I always pay by CC. During non-busy times I can order in the morning and it is on the UPS truck by end of day. They are very very fast! BUT paypal will slow the order down considerably....because they have to pack, get shipping and send you an invoice....wait for you to pay the invoice and then ship. I think that is the way with all companies who accept paypal. I have also noticed all the other companies I order from have slowed way down on their processing too......because of the busy season.