What's your FO load?

Research suggests that the highest level of FO that wax can effectively hold is 1.5oz pp of wax. SO, does that mean that, in order to achieve the most fragrant candle, a full 1.5oz pp wax should be used? I've read that some only use 6% (1oz pp wax) while others take it to the max.

What's the maximum FO YOU use pp of wax?

TIA

I usually use 1.1 - 1.2 oz. per lb and there are a couple scents that I can use even less. I've found that I really don't need to use the full 1.5 oz. to get a strong throw with most scents in KY125 - and it can affect the burn if I use too much.

I use 100% soy and it depends on the FO. Honey dew and cucumber (lighter scents) I have to use 1.5oz pp. But like Lavender, fresh linen, etc..(heavier scents) I only use .5 oz pp or 1oz pp.

Especially with the Fresh Linen, I was using 1 oz pp, and I had customers complain that it was to strong so I had to go down to .5oz pp. And that seemed to satisfy them because I haven't got a complaint since.

Sometimes if you put to much FO in your candles they wont burn right and or they wont give off a good hot throw. That's why you have to test each FO, to see wether you have to add more or not. I suggest getting some testers that will be brutally honest with you.

This is a little OT but also you have to test each FO, because you might have to use a different wick with the same container than you usually use with the other scents. I have 4 FO's that I have to use a different wick with the same container because it didn't burn right. Fresh Linen being one of them.

HTH or at least made sense,

Mindy

So you get candle nose, lol. Happens to all of us. Sniff some coffee grounds and or get some testers. I lit tropical fusion today( it cured for 2 weeks and used 1 oz pp) and I could barely smell it but when my bf came home, he actually blew it out saying it was making his nose burn because the scent was to strong.

Mindy

I also use about 7.5% which is around 1.2oz of FO per lb of wax. To make it easier I just melt 14oz of wax and add 1oz of FO. ;)

Using the max 1.5oz pp will only make it harder for you to wick your candles and they will also mushroom and smoke more. Not worth it for me just to get a little more umf.

Using the max 1.5oz pp will only make it harder for you to wick your candles and they will also mushroom and smoke more. Not worth it for me just to get a little more umf.

I have never had any of these problems:rolleyes2 when I have used 1.5, I guess it depends on what fo/wax combo you are using.