What I've been working on...

Gravity

Here's what I've been up to for the past month or so...

tinsug0.jpg

Across the top: Snowed In, Honeysuckle Morning, Cranberry Apple Tea, Lavender Vanilla Mist, Spring Breeze, Cucumber Melon Cooler, Emerald Isle, Hot Spiced Cider, Chocolate Raspberry Torte

Bottom Row: Vanilla Pear Glaze, Georgia Sunrise, Old Saint Nick, New Orleans Nights, Blueberry Baker's Dozen, Christmas Eve, Vanilla Silk, Gingerbread Men

I've also got a hanful more scents that aren't pictured here, because I haven't printed the labels yet. :D

These are my 2 oz. sampler tins. I've grown accustomed to people not reading the label, and just asking "what's with the label?"

Here's a closer look:

closeupmz8.jpg

There's an instrument panel from a car across the top.. which confuses until you read the label, which may be a little difficult to read in these pics. Since these are my tester tins, basically just to see if you're into the scent before investing in a large jar... I've dubbed them " testdrive " Ahh.. see, now you get it! ;)

Feedback/comments are appreciated.. this is the first time I've shown off my work here, and really nervous about it! :o And yes, they're all 100% soy, only add color, FO, and UV inhibitor to my candles.

They have wicks! They last around 10-12 hours each, and they also do wonderfully on a candle warmer.

I went for the shallow and wide tin so I could get a large melt pool, and let the customer really get a sense of the smell. They effectively scent a decent sized bedroom, and I tried one in my living room/kitchen (open floor plan) and it threw quite nicely. Had it burning on the kitchen counter, and I could smell it sitting on the couch at the other end of the living room.

Friends/coworkers are going nuts over them! I was originally only going to charge $2-$3 dollars for them seeing as they're small, and literally just testers for the scents... that was until everyone said they'd be willing to pay $5 each!! So, I compromised, and right now I'm doing them $4 each or 3/$10. I've got so many orders now, I'm trying to keep up! Hopefully, they'll quickly turn into jar orders! ;)

How did you make those lables ??

What program ??

SureThing Office Labeler. There's a free 30-day trial, and it's (If I remember correctly...) $30 to purchase. Very nice program.

Thanks to everyone else... I appreciate the feedback. I was so nervous about showing them off! :o

They have wicks! They last around 10-12 hours each, and they also do wonderfully on a candle warmer.

I went for the shallow and wide tin so I could get a large melt pool, and let the customer really get a sense of the smell. They effectively scent a decent sized bedroom, and I tried one in my living room/kitchen (open floor plan) and it threw quite nicely. Had it burning on the kitchen counter, and I could smell it sitting on the couch at the other end of the living room.

Friends/coworkers are going nuts over them! I was originally only going to charge $2-$3 dollars for them seeing as they're small, and literally just testers for the scents... that was until everyone said they'd be willing to pay $5 each!! So, I compromised, and right now I'm doing them $4 each or 3/$10. I've got so many orders now, I'm trying to keep up! Hopefully, they'll quickly turn into jar orders! ;)

Didn't you just start making candles like a few weeks ago???

If so... your rushing things a little by going into full out selling I think.

Bruce