Craft show Fees

katie

Around here it seems to depend entirely on the size of the show and how long it has been running.

There are podunk shows that charge $15 for one day, and others that charge $500 a day for a weekend, but the high end ones usually advertise like crazy, have entertainment, etc.

Probably the best deal running is a show that has been going on every fall in one of the outlying tourist towns here. Estimated turnout is around 80k for 3 days, and the booth fee (for all three days) is only $120.

I only participate in one craft show at the moment. It is at our local high school, is a two-day event, is well advertised, has over 250 vendors, and is one of the most popular fairs in our area with high attendance. I pay $75 booth fee for the two days.

I am doing a show this weekend for $25, it an annual show for the local lodge. I did a show last weekend at an Apple Festival that drew hundreds of people for only $15 and they charged $25 for the whole weekend.

There is a REALLY big show that is advertised for months in advance and goes on for 4 days and they charge $100/day. This draws thousands!!!!!

Although we have to pay for lodging and food as well plus the cost of everything we have made, it works out in the end to turn a profit.

Shows around here aren't cheap either. I actually was going to put a poll up regarding this, but this thread beat me to it...

I'm doing a strawberry festival in April, attendance over 65,000 and it cost me $250 for a 2 1/2 day show. However, if I would've waited to apply, it could've bee $350 or $450.

Other big three day shows at this time of year run around $4-600. There have been some very small bazaars that about $50 for a day, but they're the ones that don't get much traffic either.

I was invited to be a vendor at a Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony, it was $30 for three hours.

Shows around here aren't cheap either. I actually was going to put a poll up regarding this, but this thread beat me to it...

I'm doing a strawberry festival in April, attendance over 65,000 and it cost me $250 for a 2 1/2 day show. However, if I would've waited to apply, it could've bee $350 or $450.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

e

The biggest show I do every year runs me $250.00 for a double booth for three days and the attendance is huge~80,000+ for three days

The second biggest show is a summer festival that's four or five days. It's lon g and hot but I can't beat the booth fee of $40.00 for four days total!:whoohoo: and the sales are excellent!

People are wanting me to do our local fair but they want $300.00 in jan-feb with application and you still aren't promised a booth until everyone has submitted their entries! They could have your booth fee for five months and you still may not get in!

But I personally won't do it because people are at the fair to ride the rides or eat or wander around but they are their to buy candles.:confused:

Fire