has anyone visited this site?

comfortscents

I have seen something that I think is just like these but they were heart shapes not flowers. To me, they were like the density of thin foam or cardboard, but they dissolve.

Do you remember those candies that looked like foam flying saucers with candy beads in the middle? They looked like thin egg-carton foam but would dissolve and tasted like a communion wafer. Sorry if this is too vague and absolutely bizzarre....They were like that.

I have been trying to find a recipe for these soaps for a long time. I assume the recipe would be much like those candy things but with a soap base added too. Possibly a starch combination. Ok , it's late and I probably sound like a lunatic....HTH

I'm working on two methods of duplicating this process..one is to pour the soap base on a clean cookie sheet..I had my husband make me something resembling a cookie cutter. Cut and roll the pieces into shapes. Later this week I'm trying a new method for the roses. I set up an appt at our local grocery store's bakery shop..I'm thinking, just like you would use a pastry sleeve and tip to make roses on a cake...if you get the soap to the right consistency, you can switch out melted soap for frosting...I'll send photos when I'm done...should be a mess, but hey, I get to attend another class...lol

I actually have that petal mold and tried pouring it really thin~no go..the cookie cutter on the paper thin melted soap base is working great for getting the rose petals done as is wrapping the petals to form the rose..I'm stumped on how to finish it off so that the bottom is smooth. I'm going to try to hand cut the little green rose thingies at the bottom of the bud to see if I can cover up my rose base like that..then I can at least roll the green stamin or whatever it's called into a point. What surprised me is how much time I have to mold the thin soap base..it's actually quite pliable for plenty of time to mold.

• 1 month later...