Peak Reviews

AngelaVA

I've tried the Brown Sugar and Fig, Cinnamon (it's been awhile and I'm out of it, but I'm pretty sure it was a red hot type of cinnamon) and the Tropical Tuberose. All threw wonderful and the BSF and TT worked well in B&B items. I don't much care for the tuberose, it's a heavy floral to me, but my customers tend to like it!

I really like the Wild Mountain Honey; kind of a mountain spring/light floral/honey smell in wax. Good throw! The Tropical Tuberose was NOT a good one to me. Very heavy floral smell, and i normally love florals, but this one smelled like it was mixed with dirt and dirty feet. Havent tried any of the others you listed, though.

Now wait a minute on the cinnamon lol! When I was hunting for a red hot cinnamon, Nachelle told me their's wasn't like that, that the cinnamon was more like the spice :undecided

Maple Brown Sugar ... good thing I'm not a maple nut, but this could make me one. It's wonderful!

Spring Rain ... this is a four-season mover for us. It's really pretty nice. A little floral with some wet.

Cranberry citrus ... can only give you OOB and it is sweet. Sure wish I could get it into wax. If I stop selling out of florals, perhaps I could.

Can't help on the rest.

Out of that list I've only tried the Spring Rain. It was a nice scent, however, it threw pretty light in my OK6228/J50 tarts. I'm sure it was just my wax, because everything else I've gotten from them has been nice and strong.

Now wait a minute on the cinnamon lol! When I was hunting for a red hot cinnamon, Nachelle told me their's wasn't like that, that the cinnamon was more like the spice :undecided

Like I said, I'm going purely off memory, which isn't that great these days! :laugh2: I could be totally off! LOL

I've poured the Wild Mountain Honey in soy and it has a really good throw in KY125. It's a little more floral than I was expecting. I'm not a big floral lover but I do like this. I have a sample of Peak's Brown Sugar & Fig which I haven't poured yet but oob it smells right on to BBW. I tried Just by Nature's version too and it just wasn't quite right. Peak's smells more like the original to me.

My opinion for what it is worth

Cinnamon - warm spicy scent, mix it with Peaks Bayberry for a truly awesome Cinnaberry. Definitely not a red hot cinnamon

Spring Rain - nice light clean touch of floral

Holly Berry Ivy - just got it, different, strong, going to try it in some votives this week

The hollyberry and ivy is awful.... I could not stand the smell of it so I gave it to friend to burn and she did not like it either.I think that there was another post on here about this scent.

The Cranberry Citrus is great all of my friends that tested it said that they loved. It had great CT and HT for me.

Wild Mountain Honey. I smelled that in my house for 3-5 days after I poured. I had one person tell me that it had a great HT as they smelled it through out their house.

The Tropical Tuberose is strong - but I love it for a floral scent in candles!! Great in BnB and only need just a little bit!!

I am not sure if I can recall a Peaks scent that didn't throw well - there are a couple I don't personally care for but they throw like crazy!!

I think the "trick" with the Hollyberry and Ivy is to use only 1/2 oz per lb. of wax. It's a very strong, overpowering FO and a little goes a long way. I hated it OOB, but in wax, using 1/2 oz. it was totally different.

See I knew there had to be a trick to the Hollyberry and Ivy because it is pretty stinky oob...LOL. I know that Peak's tests all the scents thoroughly before putting them on the list. I guess I will go ahead and put it in wax using the 1/2. The Wild Mountain Honey has a huge HT. My tester really liked it. I think it is pretty florally, but it is growing on me...LOL