Can FO make you feel ill?

jenphelps1972

Ya know, Never had that problems in my 2 years til i got a bottle of Delish

from Just Scent and ooooooooh my i was sooo sick from it...I just couldn't pin point what it reminded me of..and one day i figured it out...

it smells just like balmax diaper rash medicine...LOL

I thought i was gettin the flu, stop with tart making, went to bed, got up

open that bottle again to smell it..and sure enuf it's what made me sick...lol

i felt like crap all day...sooo yes to your question....fragrance oils that don't agree with you, can make ya feel icky!

Dani

oh flower purfumey stuff makes me have migraines...so i stick with bakery stuff and DAYSTAR OILS...HEHEHEE *This message is for Scented to see* lol

God I have that feeling when I pour leather. Serious. Baby Poop (Powder, I mean) does it to me too.

Yeah you can OD. Try some fresh air. Run some air through your work space. You may feel better. Otherwise you might want to try using a mask. Some people do.

I like the cinnamon scents, but they don't like me!

I itch like crazy, mainly on my face.

Lavender makes me want to throw up.

I love cinnamon as well. After I mix my FO in and get that first big wiff in my face, I feel all flushed and tingly. It makes my DH get all stuffed up and congested. But we can handle that...just no more sex on the beach. I ended having to take some phenergan to quell the nausea. Never pouring that again.

Anyone else have any FO's that make them ill?

Lavender EO makes me feel like I have the flu. I can handle it for a bit but cannot let the soaps cure in my home or I am just miserable. ( and then, therefore, is everyone else LOL).

And Deb, if I eat too much sugar my right shoulder aches really really bad. Weird hunh?

I have got lightheaded too but the ones I stay completely away from are

(when pouring/husband does then) is Clove and Hot Buttered Rum.When we do Hot Buttered Rum I leave and my husband also agrees he must do it last.Bothers him too.Kinda got to me when I used it as a tart so turned it off quick.I thought making it but even after it was hardened I cannot stand that scent.

NOW for the one I absolutley will not sniff as a cold throw is CAMPFIRE SMOKE.I will never sniff that again.I couldn't wait till we made the candle and didn't seem to bother me but when I went to take a sniff for cold throw I felt bad for over a hour.My nose burned for sometime and I didn't feel good. I sold both candles to guys but really not sure(still debating if I will get that again). Doubtful.

I am chemical sensitive so I have to be careful but so far just a few bother me.Oh one more.Lavender.Absolutely the strongest candle and it bothers me when burning and as a air freshener.I cannot be around when used as a air freshener.I am going to give it away to my friend.

LynnS

Pouring without ventilation can get me sick too.. never narrowed it down to certain scents. Last go round with all the cinnamons and spices tore up my sinus and I got a major cold out of the whole deal. Been almost 2 weeks and I'm still coughing. Got more pouring to do this week.. I'm in the basement so ventilation is cracking the cellar door to the outside.. sure hope it's not snowing or 30 degrees.. I'd rather be sick than deal with wet spots because of the cold!! :tongue2:

Anything floral also makes me sick. I had major problems while I was pregnant, I stoped making candles the entire 9 months and then some. I had to do some for my sisters wedding(I was 7 mos pregnant), boy was it rough. Now that the baby is a year old I am back to candle making and back on CT! I really missed it.

Vanilla Passion from Peaks makes me feel like I am hung over! OMG, I hate that scent. When I was in the hospital after having surgery, my nurse was wearing perfume that smelled like it--I just about tossed my cookies on her. Most of my wholesale accounts love this one, God help me.

Oh my goodness yes! I ordered a bunch of FO's that I thought would be fabulous from BCS... most of them bakery scents... I could have died! I sold them to a co-worker that makes candles. She thought they were nice.. but they made me very ill feeling.... NO bakery scents for me (well fresh baked bread & gramdma's pie crust.... )