Hubby's Handiwork

I admire this greatly! I took shop in junior high and I never could cut a straight line. I'd love to try my hand at some wood stuff, however I was pretty good at breaking blades and equipment. I don't think that's what got me kicked out of the class though.

Excellent yin/yang board. LOVE the way you photographed everything.

I do have a safety concern to raise. I don't know a thing about woodworking (though I wish I had a bf/husband who did that kind of thing or was in to that as a hobby 'cuz I've got ideas), but I'd like the cut outs better if they had a bottom. I'd be concerned about potential damage from the heat of the votive on a surface (depending on the surface, of course) once the wick was on the burnt-down-low side. Being somewhat of a clutz, I'd be concerned about someone wanting to move the setup & forget that there were no bottoms & the burning candle goes splat on the floor or hot wax all over someone's hand.

Wonder if he could make a circle cut out that was like 1/4" thick & then insert/attach it to the interiors.

I admire this greatly! I took shop in junior high and I never could cut a straight line. I'd love to try my hand at some wood stuff, however I was pretty good at breaking blades and equipment. I don't think that's what got me kicked out of the class though.

:laugh2:... too funny, Julie