Opening a Shop!

pdevine

OMG, the $600 retail space that I had mentioned before. Well, I went and looked at it today and before I ever said anything, the guy came down on the rent to $500/mth:yay: :yay: :yay: The space is adjacent to several other shops, which is good. It's roughly a 50'x30' building with double entrance glass doors, a huge picture window on each side and a picture window on the east end. I plan to bring in some consignments and see how that goes to begin with. I have so much going on in my head right now, I can't sit still for a minute. Reality hasn't sit in yet:drool: I have been wanting to take this step for about 2 years now. Getting me set up and ready to open (cash register, ins., 1st mths rent, painting, repairs, etc) is my husbands 11th anniversary gift to me (Nov. 4th is our wedding anniversary). Can ya tell I'm excited and scared to death at the same time? I can't believe it's FINALLY going to happen! Wish me luck,,,,Portia

Thank you ALL so much, boy I need it! I will DEFINITELY be taking pictures and more than likely asking for decorating ideas. I have been absolutely useless today, walked around in circles and there are a cazillion things going through my mind. I called about ins today and made an appt with my accountant to meet on Monday. Called the town and now need to apply for other things. OMG, I feel like I need to hire someone already to help me get it and the other products made that I want. Thank you all,,,,Portia

Talk about butterflies, my husband went by yesterday and paid the first months rent!!!!:yay: The guy will be moving the kitchen equipment out ASAP and then we can start painting, etc. I have been a candle making fool here lately. I told my daughter that I really wished I had a clone of me, that way "Me" would know what needed to be done next and "Me" would go ahead and get it done and I wouldn't have to go through telling "Me" what to do and overseeing it....LOL I have soooooooooo much to get done now. But, I am "SOOOOOOOOOO" glad now that I can get my stuff out there and GET IT OUT OF MY HOUSE! I will post an update and pics as I get them. Thanks everyone for the congrats. Portia