Now I know why I'm doing this

TGIF :yay: Hubby and I went out to eat this evening and then went to browse at the dollar general store here in town. Of course I was drawn to the candle aisle. Oh dear oh dear. Every single candle had WET SPOTS:eek: ...or bubbles as some call them, but they were not attractive at all! Here I am pointing to all those yucky candles saying...this is why I am making candles. To provide others with unique scents and quality. Woooo hoooooo! I cant wait to go downstairs and pour! :bliss:

I think it's great to go to the stores and see such crap for sale (except for the potential hazard to the buyer). It's great business for those that work so hard at making quality products. I always open a few different jars, and majority of the time the wick is so crooked and the whole candle looks nasty, it makes me feel proud to have accomplished what I have in such little time. :D

It's not just the cheap stores either. I was looking at the candles at Elder Beerman and OMGosh! Wet spots, air bubbles, wicks off-center, and that mottled look. So what's the big deal about a little frosting? (I know, the frosting issue still bothers me too) ~Dana

A good friend of mine couldn't wait to show me a candle she got at one of those stores where everything is a dollar. Can you imagine what kind of 8oz candle you would get for 1.00??!!I looked at this candle and saw that it was loaded with spots of FO seeping out everywhere!!:shocked2: I told her that I would be very leary of burning it. Then she said that she told everyone at work about her candle and that they were all going to stop after work and buy some!!!:shocked2: :shocked2: