Kick Butt Show!

Crafty1_AJ

I don't know how many of you are apprehensive about not having good sales at this season's shows, but I have to say I just had my biggest sales EVER at a 2-day show! I was a big ol' pessimist until the show. Happily, I sold my ever lovin' BUTT off! :yay: Sales at this particular show were up 80% over last year's take. Can't complain!

The weather was kind of warmish for this time of year, so I didn't sell as many fall scents as I usually do. Sold some, but really it was a mixed bag. Sell outs on candles included Lavender, Love Spell type, Welcome Home, and Gardenia. Also sold a lot of Lemongrass Sage and Christmas Memories, which is a Christmas tree scent blend.

Also sold tons of soap. That was kind of a mixed bag too, but sold a LOT of Shea Butter soap, Sunny Citrus, CLV, Lavender, Lilac, Apple-Peach Spice, and Hawaiian Lei. Mango, Love Spell type, and plain ol' unscented also did well. Pumpkin Spice did great too, as did Apple Jack, so the fall scents were fairly brisk movers.

In tarts, mostly fall/bakery type scents sold. Lots of Cinnamon Stick, Clove Spice, and Vanilla Spice with a few designer types thrown into the mix. One lady bought some tarts, left my booth, then came back in to ask me how they were supposed to be used. She wanted to know if they were for eating. LOL

Sold a lot of lip balms too. Debuted a new flavor, Raspberry Peach Cobbler, and it sold like CRAZY. Everyone was loving it! Also sold a lot of Cocoa Mint, Java, and Fudge Brownie.

Anyway, just wanted to say I was pleasantly surprised at turnout and sales! Hope you guys all have stellar sales at your shows this year too. :) I know I'm doing a happy dance! :yay:

That is so awesome!!!:yay: You guys make me determined now to do some shows, never done one yet. This season, I am doing my going to shows and scoping out to see which one's I want to do and which not to mess with. Then next year, no more chickening out, I'm going for it with bells on. Just hope I can do 1/4 as good as what most of you have done. One of the shows that I am looking into doing next year is a 7 day show in a Major tourist town. Great Job!!! Portia

WAY TO GO AJ, that makes it all worth it huh? :yay:

Yep, like Portia, I've been a big ol' chicken about doing shows-thought for sure, I'd do some this season...... :rolleyes2 Oh well, there's a whole nother year to get my courage up!! LOL

I did a show this weekend as well (two day) and got wiped out. Loads of people and they didn't seem to have a problem pulling out their wallets :) Last year the shows didn't seem to do so good, but if that was any indication, people are definitely ready to spend this year.

I sold alot of tarts, air fresheners, potpourri as well as candles. Orange Cranberry Spice, Apple Jack, Antahala Vanilla and Olive Blossom went well for me.

It was actually pouring of rain on the second day and I still had just as much business, they just had their umbrellas (outdoor show). I have three more shows, I hope they go just as well :)

Oh how funny - I think we sold out of the same things! :grin2: We came home Sunday without any Love Spell, and everything Christmas related sold as well.

So glad you had an awesome show - here's to many more over the next several weeks! :highfive:

Oh, how exciting! Good for you!

We have a show coming up, and since we are fairly new to all this, we booked the smallest space available...BIG MISTAKE! LOL

We have no clue how we are going to display our items...our first show is a 8 x 4 1/2" spot! I keep checking people's posts where they show their displays - I am so envious of some of the display racks and shelves people have! It will be very interesting with whatever we come up with, I am sure! LOL

Jane

Congratulations!! I quit doing shows after one year that I did two shows and sales were horrible all the way around, for all vendors there. It was NOT worth it at all...seeing these posts about great shows makes me wish I would've done a couple! LOL

Sometimes they're lousy, depending on the weather, the economy, and whether or not you chant at the moon three times and stand on your head spitting marbles. ;)

Then for the other shows? The timing just seems to be right. Weather co-operates, economy is good, and people are in a buying mood. I was blessed with the latter this time. :)