1st cane

silverm00n

I don't know why it looks crooked in the pics because it's level. And it kind of looks like carrots and celery on here... but it's not lol! Are the insides suppose to be as smooth as the out? Mine seems to have a grubby look? But overall it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and I must say that putting on the "hold a mold" is like trying to set a bear trap! I thought it was going to fly off and smack me in the eye! ~TFL

cane02.jpg

cane01.jpg

looks good. I use my heat gun on the inside while it is still warm....makes it look a bit better.

I don't know how big your mold is, but mine is 6" and holds enough wax to keep it submerged...I've never used a hold-a-mold or a weight.

Great looking 'cane. I use a butter knife to smooth the insides after pouring out the wax. Then a light touch of the heat gun if there is still any rough spots. Don't use the hold a mold. Same as EB, only I use gardening gloves to move the filled mold to the water bath, then a weight on top to hold it down if needed. Keep up the great work.

Those are very pretty!!! :cheesy2: I agree with you about that hold-a-mold - they are a hazard. I had one end come slip off the bottom once when I was taking the mold out of the waterbath. Needless to say, that cane didn't make it. I made a little hammock type thing with a piece of canvas I had and then put a weight on top. That worked better. I'll try the gloves the next time and see how that works.

Nice looking canes. I use a heat gun and put my candles on a turntable...then keep heating off the wax until it is smooth inside. I hate the hold a mold...tried it once about 12 years ago. I found that the best thing for me is Bounty paper towels. I take four...fold them into a pot holder....make two...get them wet and squeeze out the excess water. They work great and I use them to transfer my HUGE molds without a problem. I let them dry and use them all week.....then throw them away. Lots of bang for my buck. Donita

Donita,

I tried zapping the inside with my gun, but there's still air bubbles I guess? And I zapped is so many times that the wax around the leaves I used melted. I think somethings wrong with my wax because when I was heating it, there were lots of oil looking bubbles that wouldn't go away. Maybe I got water in there somehow.