Huge festival went GREAT!

Fire and Ice

As many know from the general candle making forum here, I've been pouring for m onths, trying to get ready for a HUGE festival in my area with an even bigger attendance. How does 70-80,000 sound over three days?:eek:

Well it took place and I've never DONE BETTER in this festival before. I took 450 candles and came home with less that 60 of them!!!!!!!:yay:

I sold out of some of the big sellers:

Lilly of the Valley

Amish Harvest

Concord Grape

WhiteTea & Ginger

Home for the Holidays

Hyacinths

Cinnamon Bun

Sage Lemongrass

Sugar Cookie

Sea Breeze

Cherry Bomb

Montego Bay

Lilac

Honeysuckle

Chocolate Brownie.

I was just so pleased because every year my regular customer base, at this show, keep growing and they come back year after year. It was a lot less hectic this year because I got a double booth and had a lot more room to work in.

Frieday and Sat. were awesome in sales and the weather was beautiful with warm days and cool crisp nights. Sales were good today as well but I was hoping to sell out!

But I came very close. And a first for me~ Compitition decided to steal two candles

from my tables when my hired friend I were being bombarded by customers! I don't know which chandler did it but I didn't allow it to ruin my great time!Don't know which chandler did it and can't prove it so I just let it go and sailed on! They have to live with it, not me!!

I had a lot of fun, made some great new customers and was warmed by all of my old customers returning and continuing to support my business. Had some great laughs with old friends and met some new ones along the way. Great food and live music too.

Oh, and of course I'm prepaid for the same spot next year too!:yay:

But I have to get pouring again, seems the same people who showed up at the car show held at this fall fest will be going to the smaller one day show next week and they asked the people who run it to invite me to bring my candles to the show whith a few other high rated crafter in the area! I know the guy who doingsetting this car show up and of course I sad I'd be honored to be there!

Back to pouring!

Fire:cool2: :tongue2::yes:

Congrats Fire. I wish I could have come down to meet you. I was doing my own 3 day show as well! Sounds like you had a great time.

Michelle,

Were you at the Dover show at the Fairgrounds or at the Zoar show? I would have LOVED to have met you! It will happen one day I hope!;) I hope you did GREAT wherever you showed!

Fire

Michelle,

Were you at the Dover show at the Fairgrounds or at the Zoar show? I would have LOVED to have met you! It will happen one day I hope!;) I hope you did GREAT wherever you showed!

Fire

Hey there. No I wasn't at either of those. I did Dover last year and it was not good. I did the Canton Women's Holiday Boutique. I did very well and sold out of items!!! Good luck at your other show this week.:yay:

And a first for me~ Compitition decided to steal two candles

from my tables when my hired friend I were being bombarded by customers! I don't know which chandler did it but I didn't allow it to ruin my great time!Don't know which chandler did it and can't prove it so I just let it go and sailed on! They have to live with it, not me!!

Back to pouring!

Fire:cool2: :tongue2::yes:

How do you know it was another chandler and not a random customer? Just curious. I had one stolen from me recently, and have no idea who coulda done it. Only reason I even know is cuz I had a lonely lid left over when packing up!

I was there too and it was the best out of the 6 years I've been doing it ! I sold out of so much stuff I had to drive back home on Saturday to gather more stuff for Sunday. The weather definately was a bonus, (finally) it usually rains & has been known to snow in the past. I didn't have any thefts ,even though we were jam-slammed with customers. My truck was pretty bare except for the display stuff. I have this week to get ready for another 3 day fest, I really love this time of year - it rocks !! :yay: My friend placed 1st for her booth display it was awesome. ! I wished that I would've brought my camera :cry2: Were you in one of the main tents ? We were in tent 2 as always. I didn't really get to look around much, although I did have to run to my friend's booth a couple times to give her bags.

I was there too and it was the best out of the 6 years I've been doing it ! I sold out of so much stuff I had to drive back home on Saturday to gather more stuff for Sunday. The weather definately was a bonus, (finally) it usually rains & has been known to snow in the past. I didn't have any thefts ,even though we were jam-slammed with customers. My truck was pretty bare except for the display stuff. I have this week to get ready for another 3 day fest, I really love this time of year - it rocks !! :yay: My friend placed 1st for her booth display it was awesome. ! I wished that I would've brought my camera :cry2: Were you in one of the main tents ? We were in tent 2 as always. I didn't really get to look around much, although I did have to run to my friend's booth a couple times to give her bags.

Well that great! I was in Tent 1. Ephesians Soy candles. Banner was displayed above my booth!

It's the best year I've had too! last year, it was way too HOT!

Maybe we'll meet next year.

The guy who had the corner stall with the cutout pictures in wood? He had a marble game that the kids were play with?...I bought that game and used it in my booth on Sunday afternoon to attract the customers in. IT worked because I hid the game but not the sound of them falling!;)

Fire

How do you know it was another chandler and not a random customer? Just curious. I had one stolen from me recently, and have no idea who coulda done it. Only reason I even know is cuz I had a lonely lid left over when packing up!

Because the place was crawling with with out of town chandlers from Akron and Cleveland! I could tell believe me, they were looking for info. I'm well know for the quality of my product!

The candles that were stolen were not the last ones but scents that were not sold out. One of the reasons I stopped allowing the public to have my scent list off the table was that other chanders from other counties were literally trying to copy the scent list for their own verbateim without knowing what scents actually were. MOST of my names and scents are my own~ a foundation scent that I've tweeked enough to call my own and to rename. Or I've built the scent from the ground up.

But strange, I found my origional name on scents similar, though not exact to mine through other chandles up in Cleveland. One woman had five of my names in her line. I asked her were she got her great names and she laughed and admitted to copying them from another chandler who was a nobody.

Believe me, with the customers, they want the candles, not the list, the chandlers wanted the list and not the candles!

Shortly after I denyed a chandler a list, A coconut and a Banana Nut breat candles came up missing in different days of the shows And both threfts happened when The customers were thick and the chandler were walking the other side of the tables, not the inside of the area.

Fire

I hear ya about the scent list. I used to have all that stuff years ago, but I stopped handing out all that info. Now I only offer that to wholesale customers. I have alot of quirky names for my scents just to make them catchy. I get alot of ideas from old cookbooks, and colonial things that inspire me.

Congrats! That's great that you did so well. :)

I had a punk steal from my booth too. What a crock. Didn't realize it until after he and his cronies left, but I keep strict tabs on my inventory, and it happened while they were in there. Creeps. :mad: World's full of idiots.

Now it has come down to taking a day off work to go hunting for jars and a Surf and Turf turkey fryer that I can use as a melter. Actually, if I can find two I'll get them both! As well as Needing to get wholesale supplier of tart warmers too. Have to go look at both Levins and Jackels and order. I'm exhusted and broke just thinking about it! YIKES!

Fire:lipsrseal