I made CP soap at 11pm last night!! Cut pics added!

Michi

Ok, this was kind of an experiment. I wanted to try using a shoe box I'd saved, but since I didn't have any freezer paper, I started rummaging around in my craft supplies for anything I could use as a liner. I came across some plastic page protectors, so Sunday night I sat down and cut and creased pieces to fit my box, and then taped them in.

I then dug through my FO's looking for something "different" and Fall-ish smelling, and came across a sample of Red Clove, and remembered I had some orange FO that I've never used, and then found a pomegranate sample also.

So, I made a one pound batch with a mixture of the red clove, pomegranate, and orange FO's, and colored the majority a bright orange (I pulled out just about a cup of scented but uncolored soap). I poured a layer of the colored soap, and then drizzled some uncolored and then another layer of colored and then uncolored, then I ran a knife through it all in several directions and it looked like I might get some pretty neat swirls (crossing fingers).

Then I made another one pound batch, and scented with just the red clove and orange and colored the majority (again took out about a cup of uncolored) red, it immediately started morphing into a rusty orange color, which bummed me out, but oh well.

I tried to do this layer the same as the first, but it didn't go as well. :rolleyes2 Of course.

Anyway, I haven't cut it yet b/c as I started to pull away my liner, the bottom layer still seemed a bit soft.

orangeclovecp.jpg

orangeclovecpclose.jpg

orangeclovecpoutofbox.jpg

Dumb me, I didn't even think about how I was going to cut this, just was excited to use something besides my plastic drawer organizers. I think these will end up being smallish squares. :rolleyes2 DUHHHH

Here it is cut up, definitely don't like the size of these bars, so after all that work making a liner for the shoebox, don't think I'll be using it again. :( I'm really disappointed in the first layer, no swirlies whatsoever, and man before I put the second layer on, it had the most gorgeous swirls on it-the top at least. :cry: The two different orange colors clash, and overall, I'm just really bummed about this soap.

orangeclovecutup2.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments everyone, you boosted my ego a bit. :)

So, you think the chunky bars are good????? Hmmm maybe I won't throw my box and liner away then, I've just never seen anyone cut their soap like this and was unsure about it. They ARE pretty large squares.

I DO know for sure that the scent is a hit here at home.... my daughter came in the kitchen this morning and was sniffing around trying to find the source of the scent she was smelling, and demanded a candle in this soap scent. ;)

Are any of you familiar with Friendship Tea? It pretty much smells like that. :drool:

It does kinda look like pumpkin something or other with melted whipped cream on top huh? I guess I'm just disappointed that it didn't come out the way I had envisioned it (you all are familiar with that I'm sure), and two orange colors clash, which bugs me.

Oh well, I still consider myself a newbie at this, and just will keep on trying, definitely want to get some swirls going soon, it's my new obsession!! LOL

Just need some more oils to play play play!!

Thanks again!!