Opinions on Pillar Wax

I have decided to try seamless pillar molds.......now I need to decide on wax and wicking. What wax would you recommend for pillars? I am just playing around just to see if I can do this......and would love to try my hand at some rustics for myself. My containers are ezsoy for wickless and 70/30 blend for wicked. Now I know these are container blends and not pillar ....so I am going to have to order some in to play with. Just wondering what you guys would recommend for pillar wax? Is there a good soy pillar blend or would paraffin be better for this? And what kind of wick for that type of wax?

I haven't done the rustics...so I won't be any help there, but I use the IGI 4625 for my Pillars. Have great cold and hot throw!! I'm sure someone can steer you in the right direction!! Check out the Gallery..and see what others say they use for rustics..

HTH

You can use the 4625 for rustics, but it's tricky.. I would recommend to start with the 1343 for the rustic effect, and maybe have someone guide you as to how to do them.(I don't use the 1343 for pillars, just for carving) The only good rustics I got is when I was using Peaks wax they had specially formulated, but then they discontinued it due to too many inconsistencies. (I thought it was great though, and wish they would bring it back. And also thier granulated pillar wax!!! lol)

Yes 4045H from candlewic. It mottles on its own (which you can stop with additives) and also does nice rustics (even I can do them!) I would stay away from preblends (if you want vybar, stearic, etc. you can add it yourself).

Now, if you want a soy/paraffin pillar/votive blend I would definately try IGI 6028.

Yes 4045H from candlewic. It mottles on its own (which you can stop with additives) and also does nice rustics (even I can do them!) I would stay away from preblends (if you want vybar, stearic, etc. you can add it yourself).

Now, if you want a soy/paraffin pillar/votive blend I would definately try IGI 6028.

Agreed - 4045H is the best mottles well and makes nice rustics. By the way I need to order another case. Gotta go.

Could Someone Tell Me What Company Makes The 1343 For Rustics? L( Manufacture Ex. Igi, Ect) Thanks Then I Can Find A Distributor Closer To Home Hopefully. Blessings, Jane

1343 is made by IGI. :smiley2: and is available through several suppliers.

4045H, I believe is a candlewick wax if you live closer to them. They are in PA.

Could Someone Tell Me What Company Makes The 1343 For Rustics? L( Manufacture Ex. Igi, Ect) Thanks Then I Can Find A Distributor Closer To Home Hopefully. Blessings, Jane

Jane, 1343 is IGI. Lots of places carry it. Love that and 4045H (Candlewic)

as they are so very versatile, creamy, rustic, mottled, shiny, pillars, votvies, tarts, they do it all.

Girls when you say rustic are you talking a look like mottling or snowflakes similar to yankme's wax in a jar or are you talking cakish type candles were you whipp the wax and apply it ? Sorry for so many questions I'm trying to figure what type of wax I need to get it mottled or at least what I call mottled or snowflake effect not exactly what I've seen called feathered I don't care for that look in candles. TIA Jane hope that made sence.

OK, are you reading my mind and posting at the same time Everito?

LOL, no problem. - Your post is better. I see now, that I mispelled candlewic. I gave it an errant k on the end.

Also, for the availabilty of 1343, I said several suppliers and you said lot's of suppliers, which is also more correct. :smiley2:

Let's make some more candles..:bliss:...................

I went down to my workroom to find something else and found that I had bought a slab of the 1343 wax..........so I guess I will be trying that for my pillars....now need to order the molds and wicking. Wonder when I bought that? Hmmmmmmm

For all of you making the rustics with the 1343, do you not find that it losses it's shape when burning? I have 4 cases of it & love the look, but wish it was a tad harder. Candlewic is out of the question since I am in Texas. I'd love to try the 4045, but the shipping would be murder. Just wondered about the sagginess of the 1343.

Pam R