This 'n That

Brenda

Been short on time for soaping since school started so have been doing a little of this and a little of that in my spare time trying to get ready for a small show in November. Here's what I've been up to:

A new look for Patchouli Haze with swirling in the pot and random dribbles and swirls on the top:

random_patchouli.jpg

Here's Mystic Amber that will darken except for the top swirls. A few of the in the pot swirls will survive, but not many. :embarasse

Mystic_Amber2.jpg

Oakmoss & Sandalwood that's curing right now. It started moving fast on me even at low temps so I didn't get the look I was going for but I suppose it suits the name. Love these fragrances together - wish I could afford the real thing right now!

Oakmoss_and_Sandalwood.jpg

A couple of simple soaps here, nothing fancy to look at. The first is an EO shampoo bar with no color added, and the second is a bar made with only olive, cocoa butter (natural), and extra virgin coconut oil. My first try at pringles cans and my second try at individual molds. Like the can - don't like using the molds.

EO_shampoo_bar.jpg

EVCO_soaps.jpg

Lastly, my first lotion bottles and labels. I'm a big lotion "chicken" and customers have been asking me for a lotion to match some soaps, so I found a mostly natural lotion base and gave it a go. Here's how they look; I am label-applying impaired as you can see by the different placements:

first_lotion_labels.jpg

Thanks for checking out my assorted endeavors! :)

Not much time???? Yah right girlie, look at all that stuff you've made!!

I Love love love the swirls in your patch soap and love love love the oakmoss soaps, they are PERFECT for that blend!! :D

First try at lotions and labelling them, and already you've surpassed moi!!

I swear everything you do just comes out perfect!!!

Dang I just wanna hate you so bad, but I can't!! LOL

:thumbsup:

I was too busy the day I made the "in the mold" batches I posted and the following day when I saw them I could have cried! :cry2: The Mystic Amber had some sort of weird thing happen and I tossed the entire 12 pound batch - yes, I know I could have rebatched, but I just couldn't handle the additional work with the schedule I'm on now. What a waste on my part...

And...my patchouli haze has big oxide specks! Also my fault for being impatient with the colorants. I usually mix it up well in advance but this time didn't thinking it would be okay. No...not okay. Here's a pic of the speckled bars:

patchouli_haze3.jpg

Argh! This shea heavy soap lathers great, but it's got speckles. :undecided