Liability insurance

soapbuddy

I am forwarding this email I just received:

Insurance Is Here!!!

After several months of research and negotiations, I am pleased to announce that the Handcrafted Soap Makers Guild, Inc. is now offering an insurance plan as part of the membership benefits!

Starting immediately (today), when you sign-up, renew or extend a Soapmaker-level membership in the HSMG, insurance will be included and will be in force as soon as the information is verified and your payment is processed. The group policy provides $1 million product and general liability insurance and some "miscellaneous articles" coverage.

A "Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQ) is available at www.soapguild.org/public/insurance.php. As various additional questions come up they will be added to the FAQ and posted to the website.

We've set up an email address just for insurance matters. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions about the HSMG offering this benefit, please email insurance@soapguild.org. For questions about the coverage and policy itself, please read the FAQ and, if that doesn't do it, contact the agent, David Fox, at SoapGuild@CalNorth.com

This is an exciting expansion for the HSMG and has the potential to raise our entire industry up a few notches. I'd love to hear from you about what you think about it.

And, of course, please spread the word about this new member benefit!! Feel free to forward this email and/or post this information and the links to appropriate group, board or chat.

Is this kind of expensive? Is that really $416 per year for the insurance? I thought it would be much cheaper. Is that really what insurance costs in this business? :(

This is so cheap for me that I want to do a dance of joy. :bliss: Seriously, I pay around $2,000 annually for full coverage in my state without candles. It is a low risk business. It is wonderful that we can get rates that are so low.

• 2 months later...