First Batch Ever!

MasterBaker2

Made this yesterday using AJ's beginners soap recipe. Pretty pleased with the way it turned out except for a problem with the dye in the swirl blending all the way I think it turned out pretty well. My cutting skills obviously need a little work too. Might need to invest in a soap cutter. :laugh2::laugh2:

FirstSoap-1.jpg

100_0987.jpg

Way to go Chris!! :highfive: That soap looks good to me!

Were you sweating bullets while mixing the lye and water, then hoping you wouldn't get soap on a stick the first batch?? I know I was nervous the whole time. But after I pulled that first batch out, I couldn't wait to do more!!

When is the next batch?? LOL

Woohoo! You did it! Looks like REAL SOAP! LOL Way to go! Doin' the Happy MasterSoapmaker Dance with ya. It goes a little something like this: *getdown*

Now of course I need to check a bar out personally to make sure you did it right. Send sample to AJ, 124 Main St., for immediate analysis. :laugh2:

Woohoo! You did it! Looks like REAL SOAP! LOL Way to go! Doin' the Happy MasterSoapmaker Dance with ya. It goes a little something like this: *getdown*

Now of course I need to check a bar out personally to make sure you did it right. Send sample to AJ, 124 Main St., for immediate analysis. :laugh2:

That is about the exact dance I did. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: LMFAO

This is scented Vanilla Lavender. I don't think it's strong enough though. Never could find anywhere that told me the appropriate % of FO to use. I've read anywhere from .5 to 1.5 oz per lb. So to be on the safe side I used 1 oz for a 3 lb batch.