Safe Website Pics

Candybee

That is so cool... I wish I knew how he did that...I have had so many pictures and verbage taken from my Real Estate website its not even funny. I called the company that I got my site from and they were unable to do anything like that. :embarasse

He did right click disable which can help but I could still "steal" your pick if I wanted to. There is another way I'm not going to tell it here but I checked & yes I could still steal your pic. I'd suggest putting a watermark on your photo's, most people won't go threw the effort of erasing your watermark. (Let's face it if they are going to spend all that time they would just make there own pic's)

BTW I love the look of your website.

Karen B

Here is an example of watermarking a picture.

http://z.about.com/d/cameras/1/0/V/natureleaveswebwtmk1.jpg

I could show you mine on my website but really it's not "all that". Plus DH is a printer & does not like putting things on top of the pictures. It's kind of an on going fight between us. When I do get him to put the watermark on the pic's it's always in the corner on the pic, just the perfect spot for someone to crop it out. This is what I consider the perfect example of a good watermark.

One other thing to consider, have your label in the picture & readable. I have seen people steal pic's & the label is right there. I bust out laughing every time.

Also I did read some place a long time ago that you can put a clear .gif over your picture. Pleople don't realize until it's to late they've just stolen nothing. But I don't have a clue if this would mess up your search engine rankings. Or if it really even works, I've never fully tested it out.

Karen B

Yes. I know that the pics can be stolen anyway. My point was to create a deterrent. I also like the message that pops up. I wanted to look for a solution other than watermarking.

My best legal safetynet is having my pics copyrighted. So they can steal it but if they profit from it I have the copyright and I can demonstrate that I took means to safeguard my photos.

Yes. I know that the pics can be stolen anyway. My point was to create a deterrent. I also like the message that pops up. I wanted to look for a solution other than watermarking.

My best legal safetynet is having my pics copyrighted. So they can steal it but if they profit from it I have the copyright and I can demonstrate that I took means to safeguard my photos.

I don't know how much it costs to copyright something, but in order to enforce a copyright enfringement violation, you're going to have to find out who's doing it. How much time do you have to patrol the internet looking for violators?