My little workshop corner...Let me see yours...

WOW!!! Can't compete with that up there. ^^ :laugh2: Here is my little workroom after I gave it a thorough cleaning. Guess I should have taken pictures with all the cabinet doors open since that's where I stash all my supplies. LOL I do most of my work in the kitchen though. This is mainly where I store supplies and box things up to ship.

42222d82.jpg

e0d35813.jpg

I just bought a house and I'll have a shop when I get moved in. It has no counters or anything in the shop right now, I have to start from scratch. I'm going to talk to the heating/cooling guys tomorrow. They are going to install AC in the house and I'm gonna see what it would cost to get the shop done too.

:shocked2: No way I'd post pics of the disaster area I call a shop right now. I'm in the midst of preparing for our biggest show of the fall/holiday season and the shop is a wreck. I can totally agree with Mystical; if I started cleaning it now, I'd never find anything. I'll have to post pics when it looks decent, as I'm finally out of the kitchen. The house we bought had a rec room area added on to the back which extends the length of the house and DH told me to take that and make it my shop :yay: . I do still venture into the kitchen on occasion though ;) .

I am not posting pics of mine either..it is horrible right now..I have been dragging everything out and sorting through stuff to see what I am going to pitch if I get this shop open..maybe once I get in there I will post workroom pics..when everything is nice and neat the first day..lol

Hey a note for ya'll ...you might wanna keep those FO's behind closed doors..they should not be sitting out in light so much..they keep better in a cool DARK place. ;)

You workspaces look great..need to build me some of those shelves.

My shop! These pics were taken some time ago but it pretty much looks the same now. NOT!!!! :laugh2: It's NOT clean anymore. Not even close. http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4939&highlight=shop

Judy, I remember seeing those pics. the first time around, and I have to tell ya, I still hate you for having such an awesome shop!!!! :P

Seriously, If I had a shop like that I'd be soooooooo much more productive!!

I know for sure it'd never be as clean as yours but hey, at least I wouldn't hem and haw about getting all my supplies out and then worry about having enough time to make products and clean up like I currently do using my kitchen. :undecided

I literally sit and think, "nah, I'm not gonna do this or that today cuz I have to drag everything out and then put it all away!!" It really sucks!

I'm totally envious, I'll only be able to dream of a workshop like that, until my kids are grown and gone (looooong time from now).

Here's our workshop and our wholesale stock room, and the storage room.

Our workshop is pretty big, we have 4 benches that are about 15 feet long, and one in the middle of the room that is 20 feet long. We use 2 melters, and e have 3 employees at present, but have ads out for 2 more to cover fall and holiday season.

A pic of the wholesale stock room, this is where wholesale orders are picked from, packed and shipped out.

The storage room is where we keep wax, and glassware, supplies and so on. We get a skid of 2200lbs of wax every 4-6 weeks. Our workshop and storage areas are on the 2nd floor of the building, and we have a manlift to haul stuff up and down. What goes up--must come down!!!! We get wax every 4-6 weeks because the beams in the ceiling can't hold any more wax!! lol

And the store-it's on the main floor. I love the store, I don't get to spend as much time in it anymore, I'm usually upstairs now but I do try.

My dream is a store and shop--bigger than I have now, (3-5 people running around it gets tight) and all on one floor! I must say though, I have the strongest legs from flying up and down the stairs 20x a day (no bathroom upstairs....ug)

Anyways-there is a peek into my world!

post-634-139458407313_thumb.gif

post-634-139458407316_thumb.gif

post-634-139458407318_thumb.gif

post-634-13945840732_thumb.gif

post-634-139458407322_thumb.gif

Thanks! It's 10 years in the making!:D

I love it. I love going to work everyday, doing what I love. Some days are not fun anymore, like managing employees, doing the books, trying to collect on overdue accounts, unhappy customers.... but that's part of doing business.

Going from hobby/home business to full time candle maker as my sole source of income (besides hubby) was a scary choice I made 6 years ago, and I am so glad I did it. I recommend it to others when they are ready!:wink2: