Need comments on packaging and look of product

Sue W.

Thanks for your comments, they are terrrific. I tried clear labels by printing them off my computer and were all washed out, any ideas how to do this? When I go to craft sales they just are not selling so I thank you for the suggestions.

Sue W.

Everything is gorgeous, bright colors! My eye would automatically look towards your products! I've never done a show like that before so I have no real opinion on how things work, but one thing I might suggest is some signage of 'specials' or perhaps pricing on your display tables. I always see people mention shelving for their products so people don't have to reach way back to grab a product. This is nothing I know works, but just what I have read on here from others before.

Sue: is photo #3, the one with your products on the table, the way your products are arranged for shows? If so, I agree with what SoapInTheCity said about getting some shelves. That way you're taking advantage of vertical space (more at eye level). Plus, with me being somewhat of a klutz, I'd be afraid of bumping over your products and causing a domino effect on the table. :eek: :embarasse So that would make me shy away from getting too close to your display.

(Although I must admit they look so nice I'd sure want to check them out more closely!!) :drool:

I love your packaging. I make a big mess trying to shrink wrap my m&p soaps, especially the heart-shaped ones. Wish you would tell your secret.

The gift box style packaging looks wonderful. Where did you get your boxes?

I'm really impressed!

WOW Sue everything looks wonderful. The soap's so pretty and the label on the front takes away from/hides the design, could the label go on the back w/ the soap ingredients?? :)

I agree, that is they way I package mine. that way the customer can see how beautiful the soap is and still turn it over to see the info that they need to see.

Otherwise, everything looks FANTASTIC!!

Thanks for the idea on the shelving, it would bring more space to the table. I don't shrink wrap anything , I use saran wrap and tape it at the back but after a couple of months the gylcerin soap sweats and forms crystals so I have to rewrap them. Thanks again for the ideas, they are greatly appreciated. I get my boxes at the Dollar Store.

Sue W.

Thanks for the idea on the shelving, it would bring more space to the table. I don't shrink wrap anything , I use saran wrap and tape it at the back but after a couple of months the gylcerin soap sweats and forms crystals so I have to rewrap them. Thanks again for the ideas, they are greatly appreciated. I get my boxes at the Dollar Store.

Sue W.

OH BOY does sweaty/crystally M&P soaps drive me CRAZY!!!!!! That's what finally pushed my to try CP. I have found though that SFIC's bases don't sweat like WSP's bases do... I think the more glycerin in the bases the more it does that :sad2:.

If you use clear labels I would still put them on the back so you can see the pretty design of the soap w/out any obstructions, and you could put clear tape (like crystal clear packing tape) over the labels or spray clear topcoat paint on the labels after printing them for protection. I've never had any luck doing that, the paint has turned either yellow or flakes so I use the clear packing tape. HTH :)

I think your product looks fine, it is your presentation that is not drawing the customers :)

Try getting a few sets of wooden or acrylic risers, some boxes and some decoration for the table. Everything is in a line, to me that looks more garage sale than craft show. I find that people are drawn to height variations and tend to want to pick them up when they are not flat. Get them up to people can see them. Another hint, make a sample bottle of each scent lotion and when people start smelling ask them to try your lotion, it get's em almost every time.

You have very nice looking products. I just love the baskets. When I display my MP bars, I usually put the label at the back, so that it won't cover the pretty designs and colors of MP soaps. Instead of using Saran Wrap, I use the Sam's Choice cling wrap from Walmart. It gives a really nice stretch and it's permeable enough for the scent to come through, and it's cheaper than Saran Wrap. I agree with others about elevating your bottles. Customers are drawn to height. If you can find a way to elevate them, that would make your products stand out even more.

Here are a couple of pictures I took at my table last year. Please excuse the look of the displays. I was under a tight budget at the time, so I had to improvise:

65366421_f5142cb513.jpg

65366419_6070733099.jpg

Hi, I'm one of the newbies around here but I had an idea for you regarding the labels. What if you placed it on the front lower edge half and half style... like the top of the label would be at the very bottom of the face of the soap and the lower half of the label would be folded over to the facing toward you edge of the soap. You would just want to make sure you had room to leave a blank line between whatever text lines were on the top and bottom facing-- if you wanted to get nit picky about it. Does this make sense? I'm always full of ideas -but I always have to actually do it and see it for myself to really decide if I like it or not. It may very well not look good... but just an idea. Honestly though? I kind of think it's fine like it is, lol. I mean if it's a super intricate design, then sure you might want to expose it more. But with something like a bold shell a customer should be able to fill in the blanks of whatever is hidden under the label. Hope that makes sense. I try not to type too much but then it's hard to explain things! :-/

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the comments, they are gratefully appreciated. I am trying to think of different labels but I am at a loss on how to do this- any suggestions. Where do I get them made up, or do I do it on my computer? Not very artistic!!!

Sue W.