Lemon Sage Ginger EO bar

Brenda

Yesterday while rooting around in my soaping cupboard I came across a large unopened tin of pomace olive oil, plus a small bottle of Lemon Sage Ginger EO from sweetcakes that was not recommended for CP (but for lotions and other B&B stuff.) Now, if I waited until I learned how to make lotion that little bottle would be sitting there a mighty long time! :o So I thought why not try soap? Here's the simple layered bar I made from those things.

Lemon_Sage_Ginger.jpg

The scent is strongly herbal so I won't mind if it fades a bit! You can't really see it in the photo, but the white layers have a definate greenish cast from the pomace. All layers have a small amount of TD; the center has a small amount of moss green oxide as well.

Thanks for checking out my experimental "not recommended for CP soap" soap! :)

It looks absolutely wonderful. It's so fresh looking! Now, I have a question. When I first started soaping I was told to use only pomace olive oil for making CP soap. Because it was hard to come by, I only used the one large container I had and when it was gone, I had no more. The other day I found the most amazing deal on pomace olive oil and bought quite a few containers of them. I understand what pomace is, but I am just curious what the difference in cp soap will be compared to regular olive oil (not virgin). Only color?

I understand what pomace is, but I am just curious what the difference in cp soap will be compared to regular olive oil (not virgin). Only color?

I don't know, Tasha. Maybe someone else knows of any difference. :confused: I'd be interested in that information too.

Thanks for your comments, ladies! :smiley2:

OK maybe it's just me waking up, but what is that stamp? It looks a little ummm suggestive lol.

Oh my! It's not naughty .:naughty: Really! It's a harmless little leaf stamp. :)

You know, to represent the herbal nature of the bar!