National Pen Company?

Alajane

I received a personalized ink pen yesterday with my company name & address from National Pen Company. It was a nice looking pen and the accompanying literature said I could buy 100 @ $0.39 each, with prices decreasing slightly with increasing amounts purchsed. I noticed there is a "handling" charge of $5.95, plus delivery charge.

This sounds like a really great deal, but I wondered if the delivery charge is where they get you. It would probably add up to closer to $1 each by the time shipping and handling are included!

Anyone have experience with this company?

TIA,

Jane

I ordered from them. It was a great price and the S&H tacked on less than $10 (I want to say it was $6 or $7).

You can go to the website and see the amount before you commit. I even tacked on like 200 extra pens and my order was less than $60.

I received a personalized pen similar to what you described, though by now I cannot remember which company it came from. After writing with it for a while, the personalization info rubbed off. Maybe they use better ink when you're paying for it?

Thanks so much for the quick responses! Like you, cmille, I had thought to make the handling charge worthwhile I would get a few hundred, so thanks for the info. Did you have problems with the personalization rubbing off?

If other people do like I do, they probably won't actually write with it that much anyway; just hope they would have it handy when they needed my phone number!! I would think they'd be more likely to keep an ink pen than a business card.

Thanks,

Jane

I don't write with it all that much. I keep it in my bag and only use it if I have to take down someone's phone number (or similar info) when I am out and about. After a while I was disappointed that the words had rubbed into the surrounding design. Maybe if you pick a less colorful design it is less likely to have this problem. I do like the idea of a pen and you are probably right that people are more likely to keep a pen than a business card.

I think it's less about how much YOU use it than it is for how much your customers will use them! I assume you will hand them out to customers (current or potential) unless you have hundreds of friends and employees who are pen-poor. You will want your name and contact info to be intact should they ever wish to use it...

I have used this company for going on three years, and I have never been disappointed. They are really cheap, can't beat those prices as far as I know. I have some that I ordered going on three years ago, and still write with them, and the printing has not faded at all. Unfortunately, I moved my business before the pens wore out and the information was not accuarate any more.

Actually just ordered some two or three weeks ago, I couldn't believe how quickly they showed up.

Freda

i was just looking at the pens .. and they really have some great deals, but i was wondering what information do you have imprinted on your pens ? do you put your buisness name along with your website ? just wondering what all of you do on this one ? thanks

I order from them.....good pens, but I agree with some of the posters above...the paint with your information eventually wears off, but by that time the pen is usually out of ink.

Here's what I put on my pens

business name

city, state, zip

phone

website address

I love to hand out the pens or leave them at various places. :) The nice thing about them is that if you order from them once they'll always send you a new pen about once a month. :)

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the responses--I was hoping to find at least one person who had experience with the company and I really got lucky!

It definitely sounds like they're worth a shot--I will be ordering as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks again,

Jane

I ordered 1000 of their pens a few years ago for work. Still have lots left but they've been great. I didn't notice the lettering fading away or the design peeling off. Guess it depends on the style you get, but the ones I got are great. Wish I hadn't ordered so many to start with as I really like some of the newer styles they have but can't really justify ordering more till we've used up what we started with.