Interesting Candles

More weird than interesting to me. Looks like just a small amount of wax at the top that hold the shell together. Would be a nightmare to ship them with such a small amount keeping them together. I have a great one.... hows about making a hand one that splits off to give you the finger? :D Bruce

That is weird. And lame. And if they're so ready for preorder, I'd like to see a real candle instead of a drawing. You think that would work for my site? Here's a sketch of a candle, wanna buy it?
There are photos but the drawing looks cooler. Then I discovered there are videos. A very effective medium. Instead of just making me think the product seemed kinda lame, the videos made me actually laugh at it.

They have a video of the candle splitting. Check it out.

What I don't like is the wax spilling out when the apple candle split open to reveal the worm inside.

I did not notice it until you said something. Here is the pic showing the dripped wax.

post-219-139458404247_thumb.jpg

Looks to me like they spent a lot of money on patents just to make a product that will just be a short lived phase. This is on their site "This class of candles is well protected with issued and pending patents."
There's not going to be a phase. Someone who went to all the trouble with patents and videos over this product is in serious need of a reality check.

There's not going to be a phase. Someone who went to all the trouble with patents and videos over this product is in serious need of a reality check.

What kills me is all of the goth kids who would go NUTS over this product, the skull one. They ask me for crap like that all the time. :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

What kills me is all of the goth kids who would go NUTS over this product, the skull one. They ask me for crap like that all the time. :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2
The skull is fine but is anyone gonna to sit there with bated breath to wait for a piece of the stupid candle to drop off? LOL! Someone seriously needs to get out more.

Can you imagine the 6 year old kid whose birthday it is in the video?

"Mommy, I know my wish! Can I blow out the candle yet?"

"No, not yet dear, any minute now. Just watch or you'll miss it..."

Hey, you know what you should make for the Goth kids? There's a candle someone posted a few months ago. Underwick a pillar made of red low-MP wax and then overdip it in black. It's a black candle that drips blood. Now that's cool. :)

Smallish wick and low MP wax would be my first try. Get it to drip like a taper. Big wicks suck up too much wax.
I always figured if you can make a drip-less taper by using high mp on the outside, you could reverse it and use high mp on the inside and lower mp on the outside wick up a little and make a real mess of a taper. Pillars Im not sure about, but if I were gona try it I would try the same thing. Depends on the thickness of the pillar i guess. You want to have a contest and see whos the biggest drip? :D:laugh2: Bruce