How hot is too hot?

Translation to what you just wrote: "Thanks for the help you have provided in the past Bruce, now please stfu while I ask the next hundred questions and give nothing in return" ... did I get that right>? Dude! Thanks for ignoring my request to post a little more about you so we might (or might not) feel more at ease in posting replies to you. Your not telling us anything, might be telling us all we need to know about you, hey? Bruce

If you say so. Either way, neither you, nor Top, nor anyone else will goat me into stating the website. If you feel the need to believe it doesn't exist, do so. I'll sleep tonight...trust me.:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, Bruce, not that I owe you anything but, here are some posts that I've made that have nothing to do with asking questions. Of course you could do a simple search to this effect if you really wanted to.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=241821&postcount=3

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=241520&postcount=15

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=239540&postcount=2

Of course I could go on, but, frankly, I have better things to do with my time. I would prefer to answer some customer emails, or pour some more test candles.

Huh? Not even sure what that means, considering it really doesn't apply but, if it amuses you, I'm all for it.

I would say alot of people on here need to "get a life" and find something more productive to do with their time.

Let me state this simply.

An infinite number of things amuse me. But I think the assumption that people need to get a life is particularly humorous. Are you referring to me?

Because I don't think I personally log any extra hours than others on CT.

Please, just say yes.

I would say alot of people on here need to "get a life" and find something more productive to do with their time.
Gosh I just do this for fun and to wind down from a weekend of selling my candles. Im sure $2000.00 for a weekend is chicken scratch to you but since I dont have a store to sell out of (and never will have=pia) I dont think its half bad for about 12 hours work from a middle aged white boy in mid-america. BAM!

Gosh I just do this for fun and to wind down from a weekend of selling my candles. Im sure $2000.00 for a weekend is chicken scratch to you but since I dont have a store to sell out of (and never will have=pia) I dont think its half bad for about 12 hours work from a middle aged white boy in mid-america. BAM!

Well, I don't have a store either, only a website. And, only because you asked, yes, $2,000 would be a horrendous day for us, let alone a weekend. We averaged a little more than 8 times that much, daily, last year....since you asked.

If you say so. Either way, neither you, nor Top, nor anyone else will goat me into stating the website. If you feel the need to believe it doesn't exist, do so. I'll sleep tonight...trust me.:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Goat you? I think it's Goad.

goad pron.jpg ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gomacr.gifd)

n.

1. A long stick with a pointed end used for prodding animals.
  2. An agent or means of prodding or urging; a stimulus.

tr.v. goad·ed, goad·ing, goads To prod or urge with or as if with a long pointed stick.

[Middle English gode, from Old English gamacr.gifd.]

[Download Now or Buy the Book]

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

goad

n 1: a pointed instrument used to prod into motion [syn: prod] 2: a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something; "the ceaseless prodding got on his nerves" [syn: goading, prod, prodding, urging, spur, spurring] v 1: give heart or courage to [syn: spur] 2: urge with or as if with a goad 3: prod or urge as if with a log stick [syn: prick] 4: goad or provoke,as by constant criticism; "He needled her with his sarcastic remarks" [syn: needle]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

goad

(Heb. malmad, only in Judg. 3: 31), an instrument used by ploughmen for guiding

their oxen. Shamgar slew six hundred Philistines with an ox-goad. "The goad is

a formidable weapon. It is sometimes ten feet long, and has a sharp point. We

could now see that the feat of Shamgar was not so very wonderful as some have

been accustomed to think." In 1 Sam. 13:21, a different Hebrew word is used,

_dorban_, meaning something pointed. The expression (Acts 9:5, omitted in the

R.V.), "It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks", i.e., against the

goad, was proverbial for unavailing resistance to superior power.

A goat is an animal

As for the website, just post it, good grief. Maybe you'll get some more business. You can never have too much money!

5,840,000 is what you made last year? Damn, for someone so incredibly wealthy and busy, you certainly have a lot of time for this board, and it's people with no lives. Lawd, I smell BS. Strongly

Must be one of the designer perfumes on the "website" :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

We did a shade over $6mil in sales last year. Of course that isn't what I "made." However, my good fortune is precisely what has afforded me the luxury of time, and, it's one of the reasons that my life is as great as it is.

We put in approximately 6 hour work days and, we are compensated handsomely for it, thereby affording us the luxury of spending time with family and friends. I love the ability to take a couple days off when I want, to play golf.

As for goat vs. goad....My apologies. Clearly my website isn't a grammar one. It's a designer fragrance website. For those that are mocking it, not quite knowing what it means...They are designer, name brand (Gucci, Dior, Chanel, etc) perfumes and colognes.

Either way, I think this has gone on long enough, don't you?

Top, you know what they say...

"Those who can....do.....

Those who can't...teach..."

My guess is you have never sold one of your candles, or anything else for that matter.

5,840,000 is what you made last year? Damn, for someone so incredibly wealthy and busy, you certainly have a lot of time for this board, and it's people with no lives. Lawd, I smell BS. Strongly

Not sure why that's hard to believe. There are about a half dozen websites in my industry that did MORE than we did last year in sales, two of which are publicly traded companies (perfumania.com and fragrancenet.com).

I do understand, though, how, for small minded people, it might be hard to believe.

Not sure why that's hard to believe. There are quite about a half dozen websites in my industry that did MORE than we did last year in sales, two of which are publicly traded companies (perfumania.com and fragrancenet.com).

I do understand, though, how, for small minded people, it might be hard to believe.

You know what's pathetic about you? You immediately resort to the sad little insults. 6 Million dollar a year businessmen are not sitting on websites for hours a day, posting stupid things. It's not that I doubt that there are sites out there doing major money every year. It's that I doubt you are one of them.

You know what's pathetic about you? You immediately resort to the sad little insults. 6 Million dollar a year businessmen are not sitting on websites for hours a day, posting stupid things. It's not that I doubt that there are sites out there doing major money every year. It's that I doubt you are one of them.

Resort to the insults? Did you not just call me pathetic? Was your previous post not inflamatory as well? As stated earlier, though, despite the fact that you doubt me, I will find a way to fall asleep tonight. As for posting stupid questions...well, what can I say? I'm trying to learn as much as I can, as I will be launching a high end candle line near the end of this year. It's my next business venture. This stupid, $6mil per year businessman finds the time...somehow....to post stupid questions, the answers to which will likely help in making me successful.

But, again, I think I'll manage to find a way to fall asleep tonight.

Well, I don't have a store either, only a website. And, only because you asked, yes, $2,000 would be a horrendous day for us, let alone a weekend. We averaged a little more than 8 times that much, daily, last year....since you asked.
Ok riddle me this batman, you DID say you had a retail store and sold candles out of it... wood wick ones about 15 per day in this post---->http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20485&highlight=wood+wicks If you have that kind of sales and that kind of money WTF are you doing on this kind of a board where for the most part there are only hobby type crafters? There are plenty of manufactures that would kiss your ass for a year to get in with you! Those people get paid to have the answers to your questions and will gladly bend over for you. Not gona happen with most of us here. Now more than ever.

My guess is you have never sold one of your candles, or anything else for that matter.
I didn't make any claims or brag about my income. If you're doing so well, why get crazy defensive and hostile with everyone at the slightest threat to your ego? Seems you'd be a little more secure than that.

Possibly, but, we can only do what we can do, and, I'm doing everything I can. I've already gone through one full pallet of my jars, strictly in testing (which I would guess is more testing than most people do). I'm not even close to finished, by the way. While it's impossible to account for everything, proper amounts of testing can account for alot, and, that's what I'm doing right now.

A full pallet of jars just in testing and you are not even close to being finished? That's a lot. Its not the quantity of your testing its the quality of it that counts. You can sit and test a cruddy pallet of jars 24/7/365 but if you don't know what components are leading to your problem you are no closer to solving it and quite frankly just tossing money down the drain.

I'd suggest you scrap what you have done and start again. Obviously you missed a couple of steps and just tossed it all into a jar, lit it and are wondering if it will work.

Learning HOW to create a candle that will burn correctly each and every time is where the bulk of your time and effort should be, not in the creation itself.

JMO but I think you are thinking of this all wrong. This is not the mud on the wall scenario (if you toss enough mud on a wall some will stick), this is a precise craft that involves art AND science. If you are not willing to do the science then you will not be able to produce any art.