GL 70/30 burn result

Looks great Tara and thanks so much for sharing your results it's really appreciated. What did you wick it with? I'm testing a 16 ounce apothecary unscented with 2 Eco 4's now and it's working pretty good so far on the 3rd burn.

Looks great Tara and thanks so much for sharing your results it's really appreciated. What did you wick it with? I'm testing a 16 ounce apothecary unscented with 2 Eco 4's now and it's working pretty good so far on the 3rd burn.

This was with 2 LX 14's. I would think those eco4's are going to be too big towards the bottom. I went all the way down to 2 eco .5's and still could not get the eco's to work for me. It would be interesting to hear your results though.

Boy, it doesn't get any better than that does it? Are you finding that most of the fo's you were previously using are also throwing well in the 70/30?

Now that I soaped some of that Satsuma I'm ready to try in wax. Your candle had a very pretty burn but how did the Satsuma throw? The 70/30 is what I am going to test it in also. If it's not a great thrower then I don't want to waste it cause it behaves great in soap and is smelling good enough to eat. ( cp )

Boy, it doesn't get any better than that does it? Are you finding that most of the fo's you were previously using are also throwing well in the 70/30?

Now that I soaped some of that Satsuma I'm ready to try in wax. Your candle had a very pretty burn but how did the Satsuma throw? The 70/30 is what I am going to test it in also. If it's not a great thrower then I don't want to waste it cause it behaves great in soap and is smelling good enough to eat. ( cp )

The only fo I have found that I can't get a great scent throw is Lily of the Valley..it's there just not as strong as I would like.

Now as for the Satsuma...well that is like to die for. I was very impressed with the scent throw no fuel smell what so ever. It's actually the first orange I have tried that did not have that fuel smell. So I just ordered me a big bottle this morning. I would definately say go ahead and use it in the 70/30 you won't be disappointed at all. See I used all mine for this candle and didn't have any left for soap. But more is on it's way:D I love orange scented candles and am so happy I finally found one.

Oh thank you, that is sweet news indeed. So glad that "Shutterbugs" going on about it and how good it was made me try it because like you I also love the citrus ( maybe cause we're Florida girls:cool2: ) but as you know it's almost impossible to find a good one.

Oh thank you, that is sweet news indeed. So glad that "Shutterbugs" going on about it and how good it was made me try it because like you I also love the citrus ( maybe cause we're Florida girls:cool2: ) but as you know it's almost impossible to find a good one.

I love Citrus smells too. You should try the Grapefruit Watermelon from GL :drool: That one is yummy and I don't like grapefruit but I love that fo

Top is right I use the CDN 12 in my "Classic" jar with the 70/30 and it works great! I agree with Tara, Satsuma is awesome in 70/30, took some to work yesterday (candle warmer) and had an order for 7 of them when I left.

Tara I am also re-testing my scents I was already using in soy in the 70/30 and it is a pain but I feel the same as you ,it is well worth it.

The CD's have seemed to smoke a bit and put out a bit more soot in the 70/30 than I would like. I've revisited the Premier Series, despite my earlier feelings that it wasn't living up, and, they are starting to grow on me. They have so many sizes that it's hard NOT to find one that is perfect (at least as far as size is concerned).

Another wick that I've liked ALOT, is the Low Smoke Zincs from WSP. They put out less smoke and soot than any other wick I've tested, bar none.

The strange thing I found with my testing and the zinc wicks is they actually burned faster than the eco's or the htp's as far as the total burn time for the jar. they did fine just burned faster, which I can't seem to understand because I always thought zincs were the coolest burning which would lead me to believe they burn the longest. But not so in my testing. I haven't tested or plan to test the cd's. I have been happy with the lx's and eco's with this wax.

CC, Haven't had any problems with the CDN with smoke or soot in the Classic jar so far (had to wick up on 2 FO's and down on 1) but the rest have done well with the CDN 12. I think the only difference between a CD and CDN wick is that the CDN has a coating on it. Not sure, but I think they burn the same.

Now if I could just find the perfect wick for those darn soot collectors square mason jars...:(

I use a straight sided tumbler and, the only CD wicks that could actually make it all the way across (3.25" diameter), produced soot (some fragrance oils worse than others), however, having said that, I use between 8% and 10% fo load on most of my oils, which might have something to do.

The Zinc Wicks I mentioned are not the regular ones, by the way, but rather, the low smoke kind only sold at WSP.

I use the Premier 700 series. Only tester I have had soot with so far is Indonesian Teak...in the tureen jar on the last burn and in the tins....so I gotta revamp this combo somehow

Everything else is good so far, but I am too still in the process of retesting my current line.

Hi CC,

The Classic jar is about 2 and 3/4" in diameter and I only use 1 oz pp FO (6% fragrance load), No problem with Indonesian Teak with this wick and this jar.

Don't have any CD wicks but will get some and do a side by side burn test with the CDN and see if there is a difference in how they burn.

Yes, I agree. Indonesian Teak is the one that gave me a ton of problems. It's a shame cause I love the scent but, it smokes horrendously and, I can't carry it for that reason.

This is the FIRST I have heard of this CC. Indo Teak is our top moving oil - even surpassing Maduro easily. I would say that your "smoking" issue is due to the high percentage FO load that you are at and the wicks that are being used - not just the oil itself. Indo Teak throws extremely well, even at a lesser fragrance load. You just don't have to be at this high of a level with the 70/30. You are just driving up your price by trying to load the 70/30 at this level. I know you want knock your socks off throw and this can be achieved at the lesser load.

So - please don't give the indication that it is Indonesian Teak by itself - it is always a combination of wax, wick, any additive, and load of FO that causes a candle to do what it does - not just one piece. A candle is a "system" - not individual components.

Let me know if I can help either of you with Indo Teak and getting the wicking figured out.

Brenda

As a note - CC is a valued customer of ours and I am just trying to defend our oil - nothing else :). This is the first time that CC has posted anything about Indo Teak and I was a bit surprised to hear this. If ANYONE experiences problems with items purchased from us - please come to us and let us help you. We have MANY successes and most of them involving Indonesian Teak BUT I have to defend our top moving oil - just couldn't let it slide :)

I've not gotten a single wick that didn't produce soot in my straight sided tumbler, with Indonesian Teak. And, I've tried them all. The winner, in terms of the least amount, was the Low Smoke Zinc, but it did still soot.

It doesn't throw to my liking at 6%. We all have different opinions on what constitutes a GREAT throw, and, for me, at 6%, it wasn't cutting it.