Tea Lights

So which do you use..and which are better/safer to use ..metal or plastic tea light cups?

I was gonna give them a whirl but not sure which ones are better to use.:undecided

Are the metal safer since there is not really a chance of melting?

Rachel-- where in WV are you? I'm not far from the WV border.

Northern Panhandle between OH/PA

I'm just going to say this and jump if you want, but this topic has been discussed NUMEROUS times, if you would just run a search you will find out all the information you need.

Did a seach and did not find anything on THIS particular issue..found lots of info on wicks but not on the actual container. You know I answer everyones questions and don't TELL them to go and do a seach. I do use the seach sometimes I just need to ask the question becuase in the search it may NOT have been answered.

I have another question? If it is ok.. I did a search on the wicks..and I also looked on WSP's site and found they have a paraffin wick and a soy wick..I use a blend of both so which way would you wick? :undecided

I have never ever even tried a tea light..and those who are experienced maybe able to answer this and know what is better..so I don't waste money that I don't have.

I prefer the clear ones because most of my candle holders are glass and they look better. However, I use the metal ones in some of my Christmas candle holders like a ceramic gingerbread house by Partylite that I have. With the house being ceramic, the heat does not escape as well and it gets very hot inside, which could melt the plastic cups.

Paula;)

ok..so in an enclosed house or tea light warmer it is better to use the metals ones..ok..I think I am gonna go with that..because my mom was asking for scented ones..she uses lots of the little houses and such.. I don't want her melting the plastic.

I am going to borrow a few of her houses and maybe make some and test them in there first...gonna go metal..now gotta figure out the soy wick or the paraffin wick.:undecided

I was thinking the same thing. I always do a search to find answers but sometimes you just don't find what you are looking for.

Also-- sometimes a question asked last year may not be relevant to what I'm llking for and I may want to know what people think TODAY because times they do a change!! JMHO

OK....how much wax does a darn tea light hold? Looks like maybe an ounce..but I don't know for sure...and none of the websites that I went to ..TELL YOU how much they hold.:(

just wondering how many a pound of wax makes.

OK....how much wax does a darn tea light hold? Looks like maybe an ounce..but I don't know for sure...and none of the websites that I went to ..TELL YOU how much they hold.:(

just wondering how many a pound of wax makes.

Why don't you take the tea-light cups- fill up with water and put it on a scale.. Measure it :-)..

You know I answer everyones questions and don't TELL them to go and do a seach.

Ok look, I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you. BUT you have been around long enough to know how to do a search. When I did a search for this VERY topic, I got 12 pages of results.

yes a lot of people are getting mad when a ????? is ask all they do is tell them to go look it up,those are the people who don't want to answer the ?:??or help anyone to bad,

I really don't think it's because people don't want to answer questions or help anyone. I think it's people are getting tired of answering the same question day after day when all it takes is to do a search real quick and see if you can get the answer first. Not all the time are you going to get the answer or it may be confusing to you, then that is the time to ask the question. I mean come on, how much wax does it take to fill a tea-light cup?? All ya have to do is measure the darn mold. It's not rocket science.

I really don't think it's because people don't want to answer questions or help anyone. I think it's people are getting tired of answering the same question day after day when all it takes is to do a search real quick and see if you can get the answer first. Not all the time are you going to get the answer or it may be confusing to you, then that is the time to ask the question. I mean come on, how much wax does it take to fill a tea-light cup?? All ya have to do is measure the darn mold. It's not rocket science.

ahhh ok ,now everybody will understand why they say go look it up,very well said,

It would appear that questions are frowned upon on this board. Could be wrong but lately sure seems that way.

It does appear that way, and personally I think it's sad and just plain rude.

If you're tired of answering the same questions over and over again...Don't reply, it's just that simple.

It takes the same amount of time to answer their questions as it does to tell them to learn to use the search feature. Come on people!

I know some questions do sound silly, and others just shouldn't have to be asked, but when someone is asking a reasonable question they deserve an answer.

JMO, for however little it's worth.

Just a quick reply....I have been seeing alot of "recalls" on the Plastic Tea Lights...Target...and Big Lots have all re-called the "plastic" type ones!! Just FYI...HTH

Thank you that is good to know..I was afraid of melting the plastic ones that is why I was asking this question..

AND AGAIN! I did a search and did not find the answer to this question..just because there are 12 pages of TEA LIGHT subjects does not mean the question was answered. I was at work and read through 3-5 pages and did not see anything relevant to what I needed.