Tea Lights

Personally, I HATE making tealights, I'm too lazy to stand around and wait for them to set a little then pop the wicks in. I like my wicked jars and my votive wick pins...lol.

I prefer the LOOK of plastic, but there is the melting issue, I suppose. FYI, I ordered metal cups online, which were cheaper, but they got here a little banged up. You may need to reshape them a little. I got mine, with wicks, 100 for $8.95 (the Candle Source). Took the wicking guesswork away.

I got 30 tealights using 1 pound of wax and 1 ounce of oil.

One other thing, the search feature is nice, but I have found that more often than not you get pages of threads that do not relate to your topic and have to read countless posts to find one relevant answer. It's just easier to ask a question sometimes, I was under the impression that this was what this forum is for...

Now, I think I'll go post a few "stupid" questions that could easily have been answered using the search feature just to piss some people off...

Personally, I HATE making tealights, I'm too lazy to stand around and wait for them to set a little then pop the wicks in. I like my wicked jars and my votive wick pins...lol.

I prefer the LOOK of plastic, but there is the melting issue, I suppose. FYI, I ordered metal cups online, which were cheaper, but they got here a little banged up. You may need to reshape them a little. I got mine, with wicks, 100 for $8.95 (the Candle Source). Took the wicking guesswork away.

I got 30 tealights using 1 pound of wax and 1 ounce of oil.

One other thing, the search feature is nice, but I have found that more often than not you get pages of threads that do not relate to your topic and have to read countless posts to find one relevant answer. It's just easier to ask a question sometimes, I was under the impression that this was what this forum is for...

Now, I think I'll go post a few "stupid" questions that could easily have been answered using the search feature just to piss some people off...

piss them off lol lol lol

Northern Panhandle between OH/PA

I have never ever even tried a tea light..and those who are experienced maybe able to answer this and know what is better..so I don't waste money that I don't have.

Nobody else knows what wicks your wax blend will require. Nobody else has money to waste.

I guess you'll have to do what the rest of us do. Test.

I use a tealight mold that I bought from Flexiblemolds. It has nails that fit in it, like wick pins. It makes perfect tealights every time.

Don't forget people, that this board is for learning, not teaching. If you learn to do a search you will be able to learn that much more.

One good tip for searching is, in the show results box on the advance search, mark the button for show results as posts. That will only return posts that have the keyword and you don't have to search an entire thread for the keyword. This will make your searching so much more productive.

I am partial to the plastic tealight cups because the metal cups get banged up prettty easily and it takes me a ton of time to get them back into shape.

I use hot glue on the bottom of the wick so I don't have to wait to put the wick in. Keeps them centered and saves a ton of time.