First Photo Post

Candybee

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank everyone for the positive feedback and compliments. My head is the size of Jupiter now! LOL

cmspath-- I used a Kodak C533 camera. They are relatively inexpensive (as far as cameras go) under $200. I wish now I could afford one with all the bells and whistles but will have to wait. Not too bad for one of their cheaper models. Its amazing how well digital photography has changed picture taking.

I loved shooting so much I sometimes wonder if making candles led me to my true calling?!!:wink2:

On second thought... I'd have to sell a ton of candles before I could afford a photography hobie.

Very nice work with both the candles and the presentation! I will be taking pics soon for my new brochure---wanna come and help me with the staging??!!:thumbsup: For some reason, I seem to loose all my creativity when it comes to that part of the business!

Lori

wow!!

I'm a newbie in the digital world. Got my camera for Christmas. Still trying to figure out how to upload 'em. I got one re-sized right..........

Beautiful displays too!

what size wicks are you using in your floaters? Mine didn't work very well

All your pictures are beautiful! and I love love the agate pillar, I tried to embed an agate into a sand cast candle last year...it looked cool, but burned terrible...lol..

Great Job! I wish I could take pictures like that!

when I saw the post in the candlemaking section about sand candles, I couldn't think of what the "rock" was called that I saw in one once, and its the agate in your pillar.

I have a friend that bought one from a store in Tx, when burning.. the agate was lit up, it was a sand candle, about 5 inches tall and wide. she paid $35 for it. you could put a tea light in it once the wax was gone. anyone know what I'm talking about? I also tried to do it and made a mess.

k

I haven't tried sand candles. But I have been thinking about them for quite a while. I'll bet the agate sand candle was beautiful all lit up.

To iamommy who asked about the wick in my floaters I used the 44-24-18z. Just after I pour I carefully add the wicks when I first see the outer edges of the candles solidify.