first time sharing pics.... Chocopatchouli

This is my Chocopatchouli soap scented with Patchouli EO, Cocoa Absolute, and just a touch of Vanilla Oleoresin, the dark part has cocoa powder.

This one was HARD to wait so I could cut it.....it came out with so many different swirls, even from one side of a bar to the other its different :D It was a 5 lb batch split between two molds.

soap ends...

soapends.jpg

tried to get all the various swirls in one shot...didn't do too good lol

chocopatch.jpg

edited to add one more pic....the other view...

chocopatch2.jpg

very nice. thanks for sharing... they remind me of some really great icecream I had the other day (lol its Icecream Diet SoapInTheCity... its getting to my head)....

I love the ones with the 'dots' in them, those would be the one I would choose seeing them all on the table

That is definately an interesting scent selection.

Can you smell both the chocolate and patchouli as seperate scents or do they just blend into one totally different scent. I know Brenda makes a Sandalwood Vanilla soap, and who would have thought of that, but it smells amazing!

The swirls are so cool! I saw a skeleton head on one of them! It's like looking into the clouds!

Thanks :) Its good to hear nice things after your 8 yr old walks out "OH, what stinks mom??"

It really does smell good! Well, right now it has that odd smell cocoa does when you soap it, but that goes away with a good cure...or mostly. I made a batch of this before and didn't think anybody would want it. I put it on my site on sale and people bought it up so fast and have been asking for it ever since :D I first created it for valentines day...chocolate and patchouli are supposed to be aphrodisiacs :naughty: lol

Oh, and the swirlies were total luck! I just poured, moved, shook and dumped the soap in the molds LOL I poured it into 2 vertical molds so I didn't have a whole lot of control and just hoped for the best.

That is definately an interesting scent selection.

Can you smell both the chocolate and patchouli as seperate scents or do they just blend into one totally different scent. I know Brenda makes a Sandalwood Vanilla soap, and who would have thought of that, but it smells amazing!

The swirls are so cool! I saw a skeleton head on one of them! It's like looking into the clouds!

At first, when I first mixed the "eos" they are all very separate scents. If you let it sit in the bottle for a few months, it becomes one scent all its own, I think it smells really good. I couldn't put the bottle down :drool:

The scent sounds YUMMY :drool: Jodi and the soap looks wonderful. I just asked about how to achieve that circular swirl the other day ~ I just luv it :thumbsup:

I saw that post...didn't have time to reply though and somebody already gave my answer lol Thats the kind of the swirl I got with the first batch. What I did was pour at thick trace in a vertical mold, just each color on each side, didn't move it. Then used the handle of the spoon to get the circular swirl. I don't have any pics of that batch though do'h

Does that soap smell anything like Theirry Muglers "Angel", there is a lot of Patchouli, chocolate and Vanilla in that one. At my last show a guy asked about your combo but then I let him smell the Angel and he said "thats it".

Does that soap smell anything like Theirry Muglers "Angel", there is a lot of Patchouli, chocolate and Vanilla in that one. At my last show a guy asked about your combo but then I let him smell the Angel and he said "thats it".

Hmm, I'll have to go do a sniff test. Is there a fruity smell to that one too? Cherry? I think my blend might be more patch.....off to sniff Angel :D

This is the description from NG (the Angel that I have)..

Luscious rich top notes of lemon, raspberry, honeydew melon, black currants; with middle notes of jasmine, gardenia, and nutmeg; bottom notes of white chocolate, patchouli, musk, sandalwood, and patchouli

So, no, its not really alike. Fragrance oils always smell perfumey (as you would expect them too lol). Just patch, choco, and vanilla has more of a "crisp" scent to it....if that makes sense lol

(btw, I absolutely love Angel...one of my favorite scents)

hmmm...my Angel smells very earthy, I do not pick-up any fruit notes, definitely smell the chocolate and Patch in it, I did get my sister's real Angel and it smells pretty much dead on the original...oh wel, I was just curious, you soaps are gorgeous

Edited to add my a lot of my customers also comment on my Angel smelling very clean, but I don't get that at all, just earthy LOL

hmmm...my Angel smells very earthy, I do not pick-up any fruit notes, definitely smell the chocolate and Patch in it, I did get my sister's real Angel and it smells pretty much dead on the original...oh wel, I was just curious, you soaps are gorgeous

Edited to add my a lot of my customers also comment on my Angel smelling very clean, but I don't get that at all, just earthy LOL

Where do you get yours? I'd love to try another version :D