Wax Melters

Hi I am new to the board. This is only my second post. I just thought this link would be a great resource for you candle makers that are ready for a proffessional melter.

http://www.waxmelters.com/?src=overture&OVRAW=how%20to%20make%20a%20wax%20melter&OVKEY=candle%20making%20supplier&OVMTC=advanced.

I hope this was the right area to post.

Sherronda

I've been looking into melters for a few weeks now...trying to figure which ones are better...the Convection Melter or the Water Jacket Melter. Wenesco has melters that range from $250 up to $4000:shocked2: those hold like 420lbs though!!...I can probably improvise!

Welcome to the board. How much wax are you planning to melt? I bought several Weck electric canners. They hold at least 30 lbs. I usually have two going with different formulas. If you buy two they give you a wholesale price. I think I paid about $300 for them, maybe a little less when I bought two at a time. I don't need a nozzle either. They heat to 220. Donita

I have a professional wax melter, although not as huge as some of those. Mine has a spigot too, which makes life significantly easier. But after playing with the Presto pot with spigot, I think I'd prefer to have 6 of those (prestos) versus one huge melter. They melt the wax so fast and I can have several different waxes all melting at the same time :).

If I owned a factory, those melters with the nozzle would be wonderful! I could see filling tons of containers or pillar molds in short order. But I'm way too small to warrant that expense....

DanaE

Intriguing, but it doesn't look safe to me. You would want to heating element not to be in direct contact with the wax. With a Presto for instance it's under the pot, whereas it looks as though this one sits in the pot.

I've not tried it myself, but I know folks that use the Turk-N-Surf (same company, same basic thing) and LOVE them. Approx 119.00 retail.

e

I've been looking into melters for a few weeks now...trying to figure which ones are better...the Convection Melter or the Water Jacket Melter. Wenesco has melters that range from $250 up to $4000:shocked2: those hold like 420lbs though!!...I can probably improvise!

I have a 500# melter that I got used for $750 from someone who was going out of business. He was withing driving distance to my house. Candlewic (I believe) sells it for $1500. It is water jacketed. It works like a charm! We love, love , love it! Before that, we were using 3 turkey roasters. Hubby and I both make candles!

You will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER regret spending the money on a melter!:laugh2:

Intriguing, but it doesn't look safe to me. You would want to heating element not to be in direct contact with the wax. With a Presto for instance it's under the pot, whereas it looks as though this one sits in the pot.

I love my Presto pot!!!! :cheesy2: Cheap and you can have as many as you want and does just as good as the expensive ones.

I love my Presto pot!!!! :cheesy2: Cheap and you can have as many as you want and does just as good as the expensive ones.

I love my prestos too, but I sure could use a melter that melts more than 8lbs of wax at a time right now... LOL