ok got a question about pillars

i started making pillars but i want to put a whole in the top to put a tealight in them. does anyone know what is the easiest way to get the whole to fit a tealight in it. i remember a person doing but i can't seam to find the the post. please help :shocked2:

Either the Pourette thingamabob or perhaps take a tealight container, center it over your hole, hold it in place with something like a skewer and pour your wax. You can do that to insert a votive mold as well. Keep in mind that both methods will eventually cause wear around the imbed. If you use higher MP wax it could last longer.

I made one of these last night AL, using Scented's suggestions... and to my amazement... it worked! :yay: I used one those little plastic condiment thingies you get from salad bars and poked a hole in it with my wick pin. I plugged up my mold hole as usual with the wick pin and pushed the plastic container onto it upside down all the way to the bottom of the mold, then poured my wax. Once it had set, I just popped in a tealight... and lo and behold! :cheesy2: Please disregard the actual candle... I was just using some leftover wax I had lying around... :embarasse

[ATTACH]6879[/ATTACH]

post-2345-139458402981_thumb.jpg

I made one of these last night AL, using Scented's suggestions... and to my amazement... it worked! :yay: I used one those little plastic condiment thingies you get from salad bars and poked a hole in it with my wick pin. I plugged up my mold hole as usual with the wick pin and pushed the plastic container onto it upside down all the way to the bottom of the mold, then poured my wax. Once it had set, I just popped in a tealight... and lo and behold! :cheesy2: Please disregard the actual candle... I was just using some leftover wax I had lying around... :embarasse

[ATTACH]6879[/ATTACH]

Looks good but I would remove the plastic cup because it could be a fire hazzard.

What do you want to do with it? Tealight insert? I'd personally get what you'd like to insert in there (holderwise), center it and pour your wax while gently keeping some pressure on your holder with something till it starts to set up.

Suggesting that over getting one of those screw-in attachments.

the plug would work if i was using liquid wax but to do my marbles you have to let is get thick like oatmeal. the spoon it in the mold & then bang it. i've been using soda cans as the mold cause i like the design on the bottom of the can as the design on the bottom of the pillar. so i put the hole in the top which would be the opening of the can. i think the drill bit maybe what i need right now. i was using a wood burning tool which was working great but let's just say it doesn't like melting wax........:laugh2: