OK6228 Users (or prior users)

WSP just told me that OK 6228 is no longer available as it isn't being made any longer.....then I spoke with Carolina Candle Supply and she had some - so I ordered from her but it seems as if it may be time to change pillar wax...:sad2:

For those of you (and Fern comes to mind?) who used to use 6228, have any suggestions as to a good pillar wax to replace it with? I really like the 6228 and would rather not change, but if I am gonna have trouble getting it in the future, then would like to start testing some other.

Thanks for the help....

Debbie

Why is it that so many of the Honeywell Astor waxes are being discontinued or not carried by different distributors. I noticed yesterday that 6228 was being discontinued but I don't use it.I use J223 and the place I used to get mine said they weren't going to carry it anymore. Makes it a pain in the a$$ for those who have invested time in testing only to have to start over and test a new one. It's a bummer.

IGI bought out honeywell, so they are fazing out those waxes. I've heard they are going to continue to make some of the container waxes, but companies are famous for screwing with formulas!

Pam R

I use the 6228 too! I had been thinking for a while to change to another wax because I noticed the same thing about it becoming harder to find.

Anybody got any ideas for another wax to try thats similar? I want to stick to a parrafin blend.

thanks for the alternatives Top! Gonna have to start testing/trying those....I love me some 6228 and hate having to change but I also hate having to call everyone looking for wax that will be impossible to find!

Appreciate your help

Debbie

I use 6228 also, and so far haven't had a problem getting it, but I've also used Candlewick's CBL 141, and never noticed the difference. The determining factor has been that I live close to Early American Candle, who carries 6228, and I pick it up. So use CBL-141 the same way you use 6228.

Fredron

It does appear that 6228 is getting harder to find. Nature's Garden's MP145 wax is actually 6228, but I understand that they will be discontinuing that wax once their current supply has been sold. Tristate Candles still sells it as far as I know. It's good to know that Candlewic's CBL-141 seems to be just about the same as 6228 so I guess I'll be trying that one when I run out of the 6228 that I have now.

WSP just told me that OK 6228 is no longer available as it isn't being made any longer.....then I spoke with Carolina Candle Supply and she had some - so I ordered from her but it seems as if it may be time to change pillar wax...:sad2:

For those of you (and Fern comes to mind?) who used to use 6228, have any suggestions as to a good pillar wax to replace it with? I really like the 6228 and would rather not change, but if I am gonna have trouble getting it in the future, then would like to start testing some other.

Thanks for the help....

Debbie

Hey Debbie:

I switched from the 6228 and now use Ky143. I love this wax...it has a great scent throw and holds up to 10% fragrance load. I use anywhere from 6% - 8% with great results. I have had NO fingernailing, or surface defect problems with the Ky143. It is a blend. Here is the web addy if you are interested. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Vickey, owner, is a great person to work with too.

http://www.kycandlewaxsupply.com/paraffin.htm

If you decide to try this wax, you can PM me for wicking suggestions. So far, I have wicked 59 different fragrances in the KY143. HTH