avocado oil, and other questions

CareBear

I'm taking over the boards today....

Two questions:

1. Is Avocado Oil (not butter) always green? I got some organic from FNWL (cannot imagine why I ordered organic) and it's a nice deep green, but if I look at it on other web sites it looks just clear/yellow like other oils...

2. Where would you order from if you needed: beeswax, cocoa butter, avocado oil, sunflower oil, vitamin E oil (and citric acid, but I may need to get that elsewhere)

The Avocado Oil I've bought from Columbus Foods/Soapers Choice (Mike) has always been a very light yellow. Nice stuff.

I highly recommend them for actually everything you have on your list.

Thanks, but I"m not quite at the point of buying 25# of beeswax at a shot (almost, but not quite) - any other suggestions?

I've gotten AO from both MMS & CF... MMS' was light yellow and somewhat cloudy, while CF's is pale green... guess it just depends on the supplier and the crop.

You should be able to find all on your list from MMS, SW or WSP, or wait for someone to do a coop.

Mine is also yellow but it's not organic. FNWL is a very reputable company, a bit pricey but good quality products. They have live help on- line at their site. You could type in your question about why the oil is green and others are yellow. If you do, post their answer. I'd be interested to see what they have to say.

Oils By Nature would be a good supplier since they are near you and you would probably save on shipping.