My new logo UPDDATED AGAIN See First Post!

prairieannie

You really should simmer down. Obviously there was a misunderstanding and prairieannie is trying to make good. You are making things difficult by being so shrill and now launching personal attacks by questioning her etiquette and business morals. Nobody is trying to screw you over for gosh sake, so get a grip.

And by the way, they don't owe you anything in this thread. This is not your design, it just happens to have an element that you created. If that element is used it will be used in compliance with your terms of service. Right now it's not being used -- the design that contains it is simply being discussed and refined.

As far as I can see from your site, (1) there is no link to the terms of service on your free graphics page and (2) there is nothing in the terms of service that says you have to specifically receive credit when one of your elements appears in a design.

So basically NOTHING has been done wrong here that I can see.

Cheryl, I'm sorry you feel the way you do...you win. You can have your free graphic. I have no desire to use it now. Sad.. it was beautiful to me, and now it's just ugly. I'd much rather just start over again and feel some joy when I look at my label than feel the way I do about it now.

I think you all just like to argue....when you take a graphic from somewhere, read the terms of use, credit is suppose to be given to the artist of that graphics. Its pretty simple...you apoligized and admitted to me in an email and private message that you DID NOT read my terms of use. I had more than one email from members of THIS board telling me you were taking credit for the design of the label with no mention of the artist. obviously people thought it important enough to let me know. when mentioned on MY boards you are the bad guy, not me...so take it however you want to, be as mad as you want to..... if you can't follow my terms of use...then don't use my graphics :) Its pretty simple. Its sad that grown adults cannot have better business morals. If you are going to have an online presence, school yourself in online etiquette :) Give credit where credit is due. Does that seem so difficult??? Its pretty funny you can turn the tables and be mad at me when its clearly you not following my terms of use...go ahead and just keep posting...I am sure everyone loves coming to read this post... but it doesn't change the fact of the matter now does it?:shocked2:

On another note, you may all think I am being petty, but this is my business, my livelyhood and what feeds my family, pays the mortgage and puts my kids through school...as an artist I am very fair in my terms, I allow way more than most artists ever would, and consider myself to be kind hearted, generous and fair. If I don't protect it, then who will?? Like I said, it amazes me you can try and turn it around and be mad at me...I am not the one not following the rules:) YOU ARE!

You know what, you just said the same thing that we were trying to say, neither one of us just like to argue we were both defending ourselves to, and noone has critisized your business or your etiquette, we said your stuff looked great and here you are being nasty for no reason topofmurrayhill is right you need to simmer down and stop with the personal attacks..because after all this label was not 100% designed by you only the graphic was...and now your graphic will not even be used. Not to mention that prairieannie also did pay for some things from your site and I don't think that it is good business to come and attack one of your customers...guess that means no repeat business that you might have gotten that now you will not. Your credit was given for this graphic that should comply with your terms of use and now it is not even being used so this needs to stop. Also you do not need to say that on YOUR boards she is the bad guy not you, well noone is saying you are the bad guy here either. And prairieannie is not a bad guy. I think you are going a little overboard with this matter it was a free graphic that was used in the design of a label, 9 out of 10 people will use some sort of photo they find, tweak it and add their personal touch to it and make it their own, then come here and get advice on it before it is ever used..do you go around from board to board all day seeing if anyone is using your graphic on their labels and not giving you credit..I mean geez. And you know what prairieannie also did PAY for alot of pictures from your website and after seeing how paying customers are treated I can assure you I will never buy from you and neither will anyone I know after this. She has apologized to you and given you your credit and now she is not even going to use the dang picture at all....so what more do you want from her?? This is over, just leave it alone. Good luck with your business.

P.S. I looked at your message board and to all the people over there who are coming here to read this thread thanks alot for bashing me over there, really nice of you especially since none of you even know me. I was defending myself and I have been on this board a very long time and the people here know I am a nice person who does not ever start arguments, I had a right to defend myself just as you all would too, I am sorry all this even happend and you all think that my first reply was not so sweet and that I am some sort of mean person guess that is what I get for trying to defend myself and my friend there was no harm meant here and Cheryls credit was not intintually left out and no there was not anywhere in any thread where she said she 100% designed this label with me. I am not trying to come off as a bad or mean person here but it is apparently being taken that way and I don't know why..so all I can say is sorry for all of this mess and hope you all have wonderful lives and great success!

Thank GAWD this is over!

Cheryl, you have some atrocious business practices, that's for sure. Your desperate need for validation (I'm not even talking about the credit issue, but the 'cliquish' phrases of how many people have emailed you and the throngs of support of a bunch of nameless faces) has caused you to come out of this less than stellar. There are lot of people on here who use the prim design and this could have been an awesome opportunity for you. If you admit that the situation was handled improperly in the beginning but immediately fixed, I'm not too sure what your beef is, or why you felt the need to keep coming back or to bring your dirt to your own doorstep (from the looks of it YOU started your own thread on your message boards) and only joined here to delve in this madness.

If you need further validation and comiseration, stay on your side.

At any rate, I'm glad everything has worked out for everyone in the end.

Thanks! Things really do happen for a reason~ and sometimes we're lucky enough to learn that reason in the middle of the crap! I wasn't trying to have to start all over again hehe, but it's a huge blessing that I GET to! I'm so excited to see what comes of this now. :P
Yeah you're better off. I've worked with a fair number of artists and designers and if I saw anyone behave like that in public they'd be off my list pronto.

I see where Cheryl was coming from and think that people gave her a bad wrap. When someone asked if the label was made by the poster she said it was designed by her and someone else. IMO, she should've said the graphic was made by Cheryl and they added the text to it. Everything was handled beautifully by Cheryl and Prairieannie until someone else else jumped in there and started making statements and got things going another way.

Give me a break!!

The label was a markup, not a final copy. I can remember in grade school that you didn't have to submit your sources with your rough draft. It seems to me that someone was quick to draw and ran off and told Cheryl that someone was taking credit for her artwork. Sharon also didn't list who the font was by either in her PRELIMINARY draft of her label-- should that have been done? From the looks of it, she also used a taupe color, should we track down the guy who created Hexidecimal colors and give him credit too?

Cheryl gave herself a bad rap-- what person who runs a business would start a thread of drama on her own business board? Moreover, why come here to a place that could help you get business and act like you don't have the good sense God gave a mule? I think that Sweet only jumped in because her name was mentioned with the creation of the label and since Cheryl insinuated that there was a bit of thievery going on, that bundled her up in it as well.

I see where Cheryl was coming from and think that people gave her a bad wrap. When someone asked if the label was made by the poster she said it was designed by her and someone else. IMO, she should've said the graphic was made by Cheryl and they added the text to it. Everything was handled beautifully by Cheryl and Prairieannie until someone else else jumped in there and started making statements and got things going another way.
My intention was not to get things going in another way, noone on this board knew that it was handled and I did not want it left hanging the way that it was..where it looked like prairieannie and I did something wrong, there was nothing bad in my post and nothing provoking either..I have no idea where that keeps coming from. I have been turned into a bad guy over all of this and that simply is not true, I have done nothing but defend my name as you would too if this were you and I have not "started" anything either, my post was taken wayyyyy wrong and I have been pinpointed as a "newbie" who just starts stuff..when number one I am not a newbie here I have been with candletech for a long time on this board and the old one and I have never once started an argument on this board. I felt the need to jump into this because I was involved with it and I do not regret that decision and no matter what is said about me I will not regret that decision. I am glad that it was handled by them and that I said my peace on the matter since it concerned me also there was nothing in my post that was provoking in any way, and alot of the members on this board did not take what i said wrong at all they took it the way I meant it and did not see anything wrong with my post, and Indecent is right there was a thread of drama on Cheryl's board where I was the main bad guy I am not the kind of person that you are making me out to be, and most of the members on this board who know me know that. So I would appreciate it if everyone would stop saying everything was fine until I said something. This is all I have to say about this whole situation..it has gotten a little out of hand and needs to be dropped, she is not even using the graphic anymore that should of ended it right there. Have a great day everyone.

No worries sweet...you didn't do anything wrong. No need to defend yourself. You have not been malicious or mean so I would not worry about it. You had every right to represent yourself in this fiasco since your name was attached to it, and you did just that! Truth is you called a spade a spade and "someone" didn't like that. You pointed out the truth about the accusations of stealing the logo and "someone" got their butt hair singed! Bottom line we ALL can see the difference in people by the way this was handled. You and Annie with dignity and "someone" else ... well with anything BUT dignity! I do not know her or you but it takes very little discernment to see how much class each party has from reading their posts. I'll have tea with you or Annie anytime!

Best of Luck!