My new logo UPDDATED AGAIN See First Post!

prairieannie

notcherylslabelhehe.jpg

This is my general all purpose lable (or will be). Product, Scent and Weight etc. will go on a smaller label, and Frosted Critters will have a hang tag looking similar to this.

Edited to say: Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! this used to be where I gave someone credit for the graphic on my label, but I won't be using that now. Or ever come to think of it!!

I really like it! good job! Did you have it designed or did you do it yourself?

Designed by me~ with the help of Mandy (Sweet68cam) We joined forces because we were going cross eyed and blind working on our own labels LMAO!

Edited to mention: I was on the verge of changing this label last night, but I got threatened with cement shoes by Guido :eek: So..thanks goes out to Indescent as well~ This will make sense to her if no one else! LOL.

While I am sure you spent a lot of time getting the look right for your label, to say you designed it is a bit of an exaggeration, as the artist of the graphic it saddens me that the terms of my use cannot be followed. I give the free graphics with nothing but the stipulation that I be given credit for the design. I have never thought this was too much to ask.:embarasse I am please asking now that if you want to use my free, or any other of my graphics, please do not take credit for designing it. Thanks

Cheryl

and thank you to those who respect original art work and take the time to list credit and make us aware when our terms of use are being violated. It is appreciated:smiley2:

Wow! I owe you a HUGE apology Cheryl. You are correct, I did NOT design the beautiful little Angelannie graphic that makes my label what it is. Since I was still in the process of "getting it right" I have not given ANY credits other than those that helped me get the "look" I have achieved. So...to whomever wondered, and asked, The adorable graphic there is NOT my design, it is Cheryl's and she deserves more credit than I can give (especially at this point) and I will go to work immediately to make sure that somewhere on that label, everyone who sees it will know. I stand corrected. I'm sorry that you had to feel slighted and sad. Please forgive me.

Designed by me~ with the help of Mandy (Sweet68cam) We joined forces because we were going cross eyed and blind working on our own labels LMAO!

Edited to mention: I was on the verge of changing this label last night, but I got threatened with cement shoes by Guido :eek: So..thanks goes out to Indescent as well~ This will make sense to her if no one else! LOL.

The design we were working on was for the background and the fonts used and the placing of everything, fonts were designed by someone else to and they were also free or came with a program but have no idea who to give credit for that to. The angel was designed by Cheryl and given away for free use on her website, it was only being posted on this board for reviews and opinions as to how it looks SO FAR..or if anyone may have had any ideas...it was not posted to be meant it was a COMPLETLY designed and ready to go label created by Sharon (prairieannie), as I am sure alot of people on this board have used pictures that have come for free off of websites or pictures that they have in their computer programs that came with the program. I do however think that this should have been handled with private messages and not posted on the board insinuating that something was stolen as it was FREE afterall. You do very nice work Cheryl and I am sure that there is alot of time and effort that goes into making these and you want recognition for them and that is understandable also but this board is not a sales site or a personal website either, it was for opinions to a label that is it. Noone was trying to conceal the fact that the angel graphic in the label was yours and not their own..sorry for any misunderstandings...just goes to show everyone we need to pay more attention when creating our own labels and also using things that are FREE with conditions. Have a great day!:smiley2:

Do not go off on me, I was clearly stating my opinion since it was ME who she put down that helped her with the logo so I am part of this, and I know that she took it very well because I was talking to her the whole time about it. The reason it felt as though you were insinuating it was stolen or something is the way you worded your message, and I wanted to make it clear to all reading this thread that was not our intent and I have every right to do that since I helped her work on it...so I have just as much of a position as you and her to state my own opinion to the people of this board since my name was involved with this too. We just wanted to see what everyone thought of her logo and not thinking of who to give credit too. We were both just very glad that it was done. As for MY INSIGHT on the matter I do have one because my name is on this thread as someone who helped her with it and I want it known that we were not intintually stealing anything or neglecting credit purposly, you would do the same thing if your name was also brought into something like this..so excuse me but I do have a right to protect my OWN name in this matter so my insight into it is just something you have to deal with...and that is all I have to say on that matter!

Then she should have added that?? as an artist THATS PART OF MY TERMS OF USE!!!! Its very simple. We have handled this and there was no need for your further "insight" on the matter. When my design is publically being called someones elses then I can publically speak out about it. As a candle maker would you like me to buy your candles and tell everyone I made them...no, because they are your product. She handled it very well. I never insinuated the graphic was stolen, so don't even go there. :smiley2: Thats all I have to say on the matter:lipsrseal
(bolding is my own)

As a matter of fact, I did think last night that we had this issue solved. But your post has irritated me so much, that I have thought about it all day long before finally posting. Would you mind posting for me where I took credit specifically for making your graphic? I took credit for designing my own label. I used a free graphic to do it, and I neglected to give credit where credit was due, but i have both publically and privately apologized for that. I have to agree with Amanda...that's TWICE now that you have made it sound like was taking credit for specifically designing your graphic, and I just never did. My label is NOT your design, and you have said that YOUR design was publically being called someone else's. It just sounds bad. I think every one knows that I wasn't trying to take credit for little angelannie...but in case they didn't...you now ALL know..I made it clear on the first page of this post.