Has JS forced Peaks to step up thier game?

ebarnes

I really think that Peak's has always been very particular about the scents they sell. I know Alan does a lot of testing, there list of fo's has grown considerabley since I got into the business, I also think JS has a good thing going and I know Becky does her own testing, I think the 2 companies combined offer a great variety of fo's and really don't seem to be selling many like scents.

I hope so, I love Peaks but JS has such a great variety!!!! Looks like Peaks is adding new FO as we speak.

The customer always wins when companies complete.

They have always added new FO's at the rate they currently are. So nothing new. There are some things from both places that work well for others, and not so good for the rest. So to be honest, I don't think either company is threat to one another.

Not sure what one has to do with the other, or why the logical assumption would be that JS is forcing Peaks (by way of competing), to add new oils. There are companies out there far bigger (in terms of volume), than either of these, I would assume, and, I would also assume that there are a ton of nice, small companies, much smaller than either of these as well. Again, not sure what one thing has to do with the other.

Not sure what one has to do with the other, or why the logical assumption would be that JS is forcing Peaks (by way of competing), to add new oils. There are companies out there far bigger (in terms of volume), than either of these, I would assume, and, I would also assume that there are a ton of nice, small companies, much smaller than either of these as well. Again, not sure what one thing has to do with the other.

I agree. Also, Becky's main focus has been to provide good fragrance oils - that's why she has so many. Peak's main goal seems to be providing more products all around. Peak has molds, colors, lots of kinds of wax, bears as well as FOs. So, I wouldn't say that JS is forcing Peak to do anything. I think that their business methods and goals are different, so they are growing in different ways. It's really like comparing apples and oranges imho.

Ebarnes - I'm curious to know why you compared them with JS? Why not NG or some other supplier?

I was wondering this too. Hope it was not a "trolling" issue. :lipsrseal

I like both suppliers for different reasons. I personally don't mind if a supplier does not have a ton of FO's if what they have is good quality and been thoroughly tested. I use soy wax so FO's that have been tested in both paraffin and soy is important to me and I know that takes alot of time.

:rolleyes: Why is everyone soooooo quick to jump on someone??? I don't think she meant anything by it, she's fairly new and just noticed that Peaks has added some "different" type scents than what they've already had and therefore made an assumption, not a malicious one, at least IMO, of course I don't automatically look at posts as "evil" or "trolling". :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Why is everyone soooooo quick to jump on someone???

Because everyone is gruuuuuuumpy lately. ;) I actually thought that while I wouldn't draw the conclusion on my own, maybe ebarnes thought that since Peak's used to (and many people still think they do) sponsor the forum, and there have been a bazillion JS posts lately, that Peaks was taking notice of all the posts about it and added some new oils. I don't think that's the case, but I can certainly see that she's not crazy or a troll, just made an assumption. *GASP*

Because everyone is gruuuuuuumpy lately. ;) I actually thought that while I wouldn't draw the conclusion on my own, maybe ebarnes thought that since Peak's used to (and many people still think they do) sponsor the forum, and there have been a bazillion JS posts lately, that Peaks was taking notice of all the posts about it and added some new oils. I don't think that's the case, but I can certainly see that she's not crazy or a troll, just made an assumption. *GASP*

Yep, you got that right Danielle!! Geesh!

I just assumed that she hasn't been around as long as some to see how Peaks adds their new fragrance oils, slowly and methodically. And that they mostly have carried basic type scents and only recently have started adding more "trendy" scents, such as the Breakfast at Tiffany's and the country berry hotcakes, etc.

It just irritates me that everyone is so quick to jump on others for voicing their opinion or just ASKING something, geesh!! :rolleyes:

amen not to highjack the post but people have been straight not nice on here lately what gives ??

I get the whole honesty thing, or getting irritated when someone asks a question that can easily be answered by visiting the FAQs or using the search button, but it seems like lately, there's a selection of responses that are really condescending. It's getting boring.

Oh, I don't see anyone necessarily jumping on ebarnes, no one has been overtly ugly...it just seems like there is a very low tolerance for what other people perceive as lack of knowledge, and instead of being kind about it, there's an attitude of condescension. That's what I was commenting on...that's what gets boring to me. I think it's helpful when people are kind, instead of belittling.

I didn't see anyone as being condescending or belittling. I thought everyone just expressed their opinion in an effort to show other ways of looking at things. Also, EB has been on the boards for awhile and I've never known this person to be trolling or a troublemaker in any way. I just took her post to be what she has observed and her perception. Again, it just goes to show you how differently we all percieve things. But, some posts lately have definately been condescending, rude and just plain out of control.

I was wondering this too. Hope it was not a "trolling" issue. :lipsrseal
Trolling is people coming in to intentionally stir the pot and cause ruckus.

Ok, I made a generalization between this and lots of other threads lately, sorry didn't mean that everyone in THIS thread was jumping to conclusions, but why oh why would someone even think that was trolling? Why be so quick to even suggest that? :rolleyes: That's all I meant. Obviously I wasn't the only one.

It just seems that it's "in the air" around here lately, at least IMO.

Ok, shutting up now.