Disappointment at 1st Show...

Brenda

Yesterday I did my first craft show at a school; what a disappointment it was for all the vendors there. When I signed up for it I didn't realize it was their first ever craft event. I only did a small amount of business - just over $100.

After all the work preparing for the event and the travel to get there, I felt discouraged. But after thinking about it for a while I realized that it was a good learning experience for me. Plus I did get to talk about soaps & oils to a few people who bought and I did pass out card & brochures to more.

Here's a few pics my husband took:

soap_display.jpg

Body_Butters.jpg

sprays_display.jpg

Next time... I'll take my own table, have the coverings to fit exactly, make up a few complete gift sets, and more. Live and learn. Plus it was nice to have a day where I wasn't working like my hair was on fire. Thanks for looking!

Your displays look great. Love the labels. When I first started doing craft shows I started in the spring and quickly learned that around my area spring craft shows don't go over very well like the fall shows. I got upset about it thinking about all the time I had put into it but then I decided that it was okay because it got my name out there. Keep up the great work.

I dont know - I think $100 is pretty good.. it could have been WAY WORSE!!! Right??? It probably covered the cost of the space and got people aware of who you are.. and get ready for the fall craft show circuit, those are always the best - I dont usually have luck with shows between may-aug..

Your set up looked beautiful!!

Heather

Absolutely gorgeous. I would have doubled your take if I had walked by that booth :) I know how frustrating it can be when you don't sell, though. Your stuff looks so upscale. What's in the little colored bottles? Can't read the sign :) You've got a great packaging supplier it looks like - a nice different look.

Your displays look great and your product is beautiful. I too would have upped your sales if I had been there. I bet you will get calls and repeat business from the sales you did make and the brochures that you handed out.

Awww Brenda I'm so sorry your experience wasn't all you anticipated. I will say that your tables look fabulous! And I love your products (as you know). I just got finished slathering my body with Brown Sugar and Fig body butter. Yum yum yum.;)

Your display is AWESOME! Love the look of your booth!

I'm sorry you didn't do all that well, but for it being a first event for that location, and coming out with even a small amount, well, it's better than a poke in the eye? right? :)

OH Brenda what a Fantabulous display I love your color schemes and all your products....

May I ask where you got your acrylic display from...Purdy please...Everything looks so wonderful...I agree witheveryone else...you got your products out there......

Hugs Maggie

Thanks for the support everyone!

I'm looking at it as a learning experience. One of the vendors who bought from me was relieved when she found that I had a website. She wanted to be sure she could get more. That was nice!

May I ask where you got your acrylic display from...Purdy please...

I bought this display from Mimistarts on the CT classifieds. I've been very pleased with it! I'm sorry I don't know her source. :sad2:

Robin - The idea for the Monster Spray product in the colored spray bottles was shamelessly appropriated from another CT member. I designed my own label, but the bottles are from WalMart as hers were...:embarasse ....I couldn't help myself! I did sell a few of them. Parents thought they were a great idea. I also pushed the idea they worked great for linen spray too and that they were for adults to do the spraying. One little guy came along with his mom and latched onto a blue bottle and wouldn't leave until Mom purchased it! I think the picture of the monster sucked him in.

They decided to move their show to the fall at the end of the afternoon! Plus another school contacted me to do their show in November. So, not a total bust after all! :cheesy2:

This is exactly why I am going broke shopping on your website Brenda...JUST BEAUTIFUL!!! My nieces just called me to tell me they took their mother's soaps that I gave because they liked them so much...and so do I :cheesy2: