Advice for dipping bears

HI,

I just got some bears off of e-bay that were listed as wax dipping bears, well they are filled with beens. :sad2: I thought you were only suppose to dip cotton stuffed animals. What might happen If I did dip these? Do they hold the wax good?

Any help will be appreciated!!! TYIA

Rebecca

OH TOP...stop scaring the poor girl..lol I've heard that dipping bears that have beads, such as the beanie babies, doesn't work well. I've read of beads melting or clumping together from the wax. no personal experience, sorry I can't offer more help

if they are like beanie babies they don't work, there is not enough filling for them to hold their shape so you get that sunk in look. yuck.

if the beads or beans are just in the paws & butt then they are just fine, that is how the scraggle bears are.

I would try to get a refund explaining why these are not good for dipping. If they still insist they are ask them how they do it. If no reply negative feedback would be in the works!!!!!!!:angry2:

If you dip them they will shriek in agony and die. Spare the bears. Power to the plushies!

sniff

That was just the push I needed. The guilt has been eating me alive, yet the market demand made me drown out their horrific, gut wrenching shrieks. No more. No more, I say. I just released my bears thanks to your eloquent oration, Top. They are now running free down the street. I think I even hear the faintest hint of "Born Free" wafting through the air as they disappear into the cool summer evening. It is a beautiful thing. Simply beautiful. Top, I am forever in your debt. You have given my life new direction. The plushies and I both thank you.

sniff

That was just the push I needed. The guilt has been eating me alive, yet the market demand made me drown out their horrific, gut wrenching shrieks. No more. No more, I say. I just released my bears thanks to your eloquent oration, Top. They are now running free down the street. I think I even hear the faintest hint of "Born Free" wafting through the air as they disappear into the cool summer evening. It is a beautiful thing. Simply beautiful. Top, I am forever in your debt. You have given my life new direction. The plushies and I both thank you.

Tell them not to run to my house or they'll be dipped for sure ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of having your bears sit on the shelf because you can't use them why not cut them open LOL and take the beads out and fill them with cotton or something that you can use to refill them. Maybe then you can use them for dipping.

Just a suggestion so you are using them.

Chauna

Instead of having your bears sit on the shelf because you can't use them why not cut them open LOL and take the beads out and fill them with cotton or something that you can use to refill them. Maybe then you can use them for dipping.

Just a suggestion so you are using them.

Chauna

So drowning bears in hot wax isn't enough for your miserable soul? They need to be eviscerated first?

• 1 month later...